Ram causing problems with my new system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

beluga

In Runtime
Hey guys,

I just 2 months upgraded to my AMD phenom 965BE...As it turns out there was no point in that system since i had a limitation with DDR2 ram. Anyways moving on i decided to go back 5 years to get myself a intel based computer. I got the following setup:

Intel 2500K (took me 2 hours in the shop to think between the 2600k)
Asus p8P67 pRO
Kingston hyperX T1 16gb ddr3 1600mhz CL9.
My PSU is a silvershield 550W making too much noise.

Anyways after finishing setup i turned the computer on. It booted, then shutdown then rebooted and stayed on with a complete black screen (not even sending a signal to the monitor). I looked around a few times and the motherboard had a red LED light at the MEM part. I took out dimm 1 and 4. And Voila the computer worked. After installing windows i put back the remainign 8 gigs and again booted and shutdown and booted with nothing happening.

Can someone tell me what i should do to get my system working with 16gigs of ram??

Yah on you mother board there should be a button up buy you RAM and it should say MEMOK..... If that light is turning on you Its the RAM. If you have that button Hold it till the light starts blinking. Your ram may not be compatible Or something. It will do its best to make the RAM Work. Look in your Motherboard Manual. It says this On Page 2-15 for me but will most likely be diffident for you since i have the PRO/GREN3

Have you tried both the old set of RAM and the new set independently?

Obviously your old RAM was working, so try taking it out and just running the new RAM in the same slots they were in.
If it boots up fine with the new RAM then it may very well be an issue with one of the RAM slots that was not previously being used.

SO im confused how much ram are you using and what slots are you putting them in? if your using 2 Put tjhem in slots 2, and 4.... If you are using 4 Well put them all in

im not using old ram, all new i just bought the other day. My ddr2 wouldnt work on this setup. I just tried both paris in slot 2 and 4 separetly in pairs and work perfectly. But when i put 4x4 then the system turns on but nothing comes onto the monitor.

So lets try this... When you put in the new Ram into the 2, and 4 slots the computer turns on and you can get in and look at all your stuff? IF so idk what is wrong. 1 sec let me try and see if i can do that with my old Ram. It also might be you have to reset your HDD because when you get a new mother board you have to. I had to and that is what ASUS Help services will tell you

EDITED

I TESTED What i said Above here are the 4 Pics
Sorry for such big pics from my Iphone

This is the new RAM 4GBx2 Duble sided
IMG_03001.jpg

OLD RAM 2GBx2 Duble sided. Came With my Asus CG5275

IMG_03051.jpg

And here Is what it looks like in my system

IMG_03011.jpg

System Rating

Untitled-1.png

So lets try this... When you put in the new Ram into the 2, and 4 slots the computer turns on and you can get in and look at all your stuff? IF so idk what is wrong. 1 sec let me try and see if i can do that with my old Ram. It also might be you have to reset your HDD because when you get a new mother board you have to. I had to and that is what ASUS Help services will tell you

HDD has nothing to do with it if it can't even get to BIOS...

So, you've tried putting 2 sticks in both pairs of slots, right? And they both worked? But it stops working when you put in all 4 sticks, in all 4 slots, right? Is there a limitation on your board as far as how much RAM it can handle? Are the timings right on them? Try putting in all 4 sticks, and then try to reset your BIOS (unplug your computer from the wall, pull the silver coin-shaped battery for around 30 seconds, and reinsert it and try to start your system back up).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom