Need help with graphics card options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChosterF

Solid State Member
Recently i've been doinga little bit of looking around for a new graphics card to upgrade my gt9500 from and have set my eyes on the gtx460.

EVGA Nvidia 1Gb GeForce GTX 460 SuperClocked Graphics Card - 01G-P3-1372-KR - Scan.co.uk

currently i have
2.8ghz duo core
600W
3.25gb ram (from 32 bit restriction)

does anyone know if this will cause a bottleneck in future/present games or if this is fine for the time being?

Also would be nice to know what kind of graphics settings i could have with games such as crysis, deus ex and battlefield 3 (i'm hoping for close to high/close to max)

Any help is appreciated in advance.

Agreed with patonb your cpu will slow you down but I believe your Mobo is an inportant factor in this.

your mobo is determining the ram and cpu you can have, I just upgraded mine to AM3+ 2133Hz ddr3 support for any future modifications i need.

At the moment with that card i think you'd be fine on ALMOST any game but without the correct upgrade I.E Mobo, CPU, Ram your gonna be spending a lot of money in the near future for upgrades missed now.

Just my opinion an open to debate lol

P.S Im a bit ****ed sorry for the text

Although your cpu will limit you alittle bit, the GTX 460 will still be a great upgrade for you.

I went from a E8600 core 2 duo running at 3.8Ghz to and i5 2500K, this with a GTX 260 sli rig.....I went from 48 FPS in Rage, maxed out at 1920x1080, to 58 FPS.....about a 15% performance boost.

the resolution i'm running now is 1440x900 and the motherboard (i think?) is Gigabyte M720-US3
The processor, to be exact, is AMD Athlon 7850 Dual-core ~2.8ghz
i'm just praying to god here that this can support the intel i5 in the future and the gtx460.

as long as it's above the magic 30 fps, i'm not too fussed ^^

the resolution i'm running now is 1440x900 and the motherboard (i think?) is Gigabyte M720-US3

That Mobo is AMD only, It will not support any Intel Chips in the future or present but it will support an AMD Phenom II Quad Core

Your PC will run any GPU as long as two criteria are met
1) PCI-E Slot
2) PSU Wattage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom