ATI Radeon 9600SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sevoma

Daemon Poster
How would the APOLLO ATI RADEON 9600SE Video Card, 128MB DDR, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP be for gaming? Can it play UT2k3 and other demanding games? Thanks in advance,

-Sevoma

Not good...I had a 9600SE awhile back,...it could play FarCry on Medium quality with out to much lag. It will be completely useless for new games like HL2. My suggestion, go buy a 9800Pro...they are cheap and overclock to XT speeds very easily. I would say that you would be wasting your money on a 9600SE.

Performance is only about equal to that of a Radeon 7500 - the 64-bit memory path kills just about everything (compared to 128 for the other 9600 models).

Either stick with a higher end 9600 or get a card in the 9800 series.

That is EXATCLY the card I have, Apollo 9600SE 128MB 128-bit. I could run almost any game, not on full quality. I could run Far Cry at 1027*768

Toms Hardware has a good layout of the top 35 cards and how they performed.Im looking for a mainstream VC The regular Nvidia 6800 does pretty well .

That is fine, but be warned...new games like Doom 3, Half-life 2 and others you will not be able to play at anything more than low to MAYBE medium settings. If you are gonna buy this card, and want to play new games this year, be ready to buy another card in the upcoming months. My advice again, find some way to save up and get a 9800 Pro.

yeah, or go for a 6600gt or x700. 9800pro is still a good bet. If need be, get a 9600xt, at the minimum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom