System Freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

p1tst0p

Beta member
Hi There people.

I have some kind of issue with a new machine i have built.

Basically, i went out and purchased a 2.6ghz Athlon XP+, 512mb DDR 333 Ram (Kingston), Gigabite Apogee Deluxe motherboard, ATI Radeon 9600 Plus, and a new case with 350w PSU.

with this, i have a Creative Audigy, Technisat DVB Card ( Satellite Broadband ) and a PCI Netgear Wireless card.

i also got a few fans, one for the front of the case, which is blowing air IN, and one for the back, which is sucking warm air out, also a PCI mounted exhaust fan, which is sat below the DVB card.

my OS is Win2k.

i have done nothing to any of the settings for the CPU Clock, or Multiplyer, as im unsure what to do, i may break it ;)

but, theres no point till i can figure out why it keeps freezing...

Anyone got any ideas what this could be ?

Thanks in advance.

hmm just played with the link you said, and it told me i needed a 352w PSU..

i said earlyer that it was a 350w.. i think im wrong and its a 330w..

i guess getting another PSU is a start...

actually, another thing i failed to mention, i checked out the System Health section of the bios, and it said my CPU temp was at 60degrees.. i would have thought that was a tad warm..

Also, prior to the Locking, it occasionaly just powered its self off..

Weird... its begining to anoy me ;(

hmmm,...man,..thats hot considering that you have 3 case fans. but for an athlon ...that could be the average temp as most of athlon users here have told me.

you might want to check if anything is blocking your cpu fan, that hinders it from cooling your cpu efficiently...

..if thats not the case,..try going to the bios and disable or configure the pc health menu/tab/area..theres an option there that would automatically shutdown your pc upon reaching a certain temp....you might want to disable that,..or set it to shutdown at a higher temp.

however, im not too sure if its really a cooling problem...
anyway, keep us posted if something turns up..

i most certainly will mate.

i dont think its a cooling issue either, i think, like you say its either a Power issue, OR, its got something to do with this DVB Sat card.. cuz that for SURE was overheating, and i had to put the PCI fan exhaust under it to stop it.

and it seems as if all my problems have happend since i put this in.. i think,

what im going to do tonite, is take it out, put XP back on, and run it for the day with no dvb card in, then see how it runs..

its anoying me, cuz i havent constantly run the new Mobo or Processor successfuly for a day yet ;(

i have gone from a p3 500, to a XP2.6 ! and i havent a clue how it performs yet ;(

on another note, anyone in here use the Chaintech Apogee Deluxe board ?

i have done no Settings for the CPU on it yet, so its just powering up as a 2000+

i cant find anything in the MOBO boook to suggest what settings i should put them to.. is there a site or something with common settings for Multiplyers and things ?

Thanks

Will

Hi there,

Well, basically what i did last night, was, strip the 2600XP.. and re build it, totaly wiped the 80giG hard disk, and re isnstalled 2k.

but, i didnt put the DVB Card in ( which i susspected could be the issue )

well, all was ok, i was playing CC Generals, and the new TombRaider till 2:00am.. and i couldnt do that before.

So then what i did was, build a small machine, which is a Duron 1200, with 128mb ram, 4gig hard disk.. and JUST the dvb card.

this machine has stayed stable ALL night, and was working fine when i woke this morning.

So i imagine, the DVB card was causing some kind of issue in the XP2600.

Hopefully this will all be ok.

Thanks for finding me the Apogee Overclocking tool MicroBell, i have been looking for it for a week !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom