Time for another build

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro2a

In Runtime
And I thought I would throw this out for you geniuses ;)

I need a tower built for around $400 give or take about $30. It's for my girlfriends mom. She wants it for internet, pics and media. A GPU is not needed. I may have a basic one laying around. I already have a case, monitor and peripherals. Needs to be Windows 7 since she isn't all too techy. I would like cheap, but not crap. Thanks!

Newegg.com - AMD FX-4100 Zambezi 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor FD4100WMGUSBX
119.00 free shipping
Newegg.com - Antec EarthWatts Green EA-430D Green 430W Continuous power ATX12V v2.3 / EPS 12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
49.99 since you do not need a major card for now, this will handle beautifully on this mobo.
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-880GM-D2H (REV. 3.1) AM3+ AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
77.99 yes it is AM3+ with revisions, but I do not recommend asus or msi right now,until they patch up everything for full AM3+ launch season.
Newegg.com - Mushkin Enhanced Essentials 2GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model 992029
X2+ 27.00
For the hdd:Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
You can choose much better one, but current hdd prices are abit high.

With all this totaled, 270.99, do I smell hardware shopper murder in the house ? :devil:
Also have a real close look at intels lineup again, even below the core i3 sandy bridge, intel does have a very good line up.
Not every intel build needs to be core i3 and that else higher, because some peoples budget and needs are different.

My RAM was $25 for 2x 2GB sticks, so more worth it.

For that budget, though, an i5 would be out of the question.

Mind, you could have easily trumped card this small debate with this:
Newegg.com - Intel Pentium G850 Sandy Bridge 2.9GHz LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2000 BX80623G850
:D

Yes, its not as strong as core i3, but when the pentium 4 and up series was on LGA 775 it was quite good for what it did.
Also since this is for his mom, I dont think she could be even more happier with this.
I would have recommended Athlon II series, but amd has not made any notions to push this into the future.

If money was not a issue for me, I would gladly pickup a sandy bridge celeron dual core and mobo.
Both of those combined means less then 125.99, maybe intel is starting to listen to people about their prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom