CPU COOLER HELP PLEAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMEITALL

Solid State Member
I recently got the New Intel i72600k and i have Not O.C. it yet. I was rendering a video with Sony Vegas pro 11 at 1080p and with my stock Fan that Intel gives you and it was Reading at a temperature of 186.8F or 86C. Thats Hot so i stoped it. It sits at an average of 80F or 27C because thats usualy how hot my room is. I was wondering if i should get either some water cooling or a better fan and here is where i buy from. I curntly have a Thermaltake Case and it pumps out alot of air. If you could tell me or show me some links it would be great. Thanks

Computer Case
Micro Center - Thermaltake Chaser MK-I Full Tower ATX Gaming Computer Case VN300M1W2N

AIR cooler
Micro Center - Cooler Master V6GT Universal CPU Cooler RR-V6GT-22PK-R1

Water Cooler
Micro Center - Corsair H60 Hydro Water Cooler CWCH60, for Intel LGA1155, LGA1156, LGA1366, LGA775 and AMD AM2, AM3 Sockets CWCH60

EDITED

STATS

OK all ill take into effect and i Resat my CPU Fan and Here is what my Information was saying and those look like some awesome choices thanks all

As you can see in my chart it Jumped Very Quickly To 100% of fan usage. It took about 20 seconds to go from 27C to Over 80C Thats a very fast Jump so it looks like ill be looking into a better cooler thanks all for the help

It is currently only Rated at 3.40Ghz But has a boost to go to 3.80ghz if needed.

The Vcore Is at about 1.000-1.024 when just idling. So im gessing my computer is O.C. it a tad

Untitled.png

any after market cooler you get is going to be better than stock.. it depends on how much you want to spend on a cooler?

Even with the stock cooler the temps are outrageous may want to try reseating it in the mean time. Water cooling doesnt really outperform air cooling unless its a custom loop. The cooler master 212 performs well, and its cheap.

Gameitall,

Way too high of temps. The current stock cooler may not be seated correctly or not have enough thermal paste.

Many people like the simplicity of single closed loop water coolers like the Corsair H50, H60, H70, H100, etc. For the most part they do an ok job of cooling, especially if you do some overclocking. People that are deeply into extreme overclocking like to go with a specially built water cooling system that can cost quite a lot and require lots of maintenance too.

I tried the Corsair Liquid coolers and one of them leaked and destroyed my system, causing me lots of pain and disappointment. I cannot recommend them anymore.

I switched back to CPU air cooler simply because I wanted to avoid the stress of losing another high end system.

One of the best selling CPU air coolers is Coolermaster's Hyper 212+ and the Hyper EVO.

Here's some more info on them:

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Core i5 & Intel Core i7

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R1 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel 1366/1155 and AMD FM1/AM3+

You will notice the reviews are outstanding!

Several times during the year, the Hyper 212+ has dropped in price down to $10, and that is a great deal.

Presently, Xigmatech has their XIGMATEK LOKI SD963 92mm HYPRO Bearing CPU Cooler bracket included I7 i5 775 1155 AMD and dual fan push pull compatible on sale for $9 after mail in rebate. I purchased two of these units earlier this month because they were free after rebate.

Ximatech's Gaia was also free this month after rebate. Here is website describing it:

Newegg.com - XIGMATEK Gaia SD1283 120mm Long Life Bearing CPU Cooler bracket included LGA 2011 i7 i5 775 1155 AMD and dual fan push pull compatible

Finally, if you have lots of money and would like the top of the line CPU air cooler, one of the best out there is the Noctua NH-D14 and many people swear by them that they are the absolute best. The benchmarks on this unit are also impressive. I did not purchase it because:

1. It is so massive that it can obstruct some of the air flow in my computer cases
2. It weights in at 1280 grams [nearly 3 lbs] and I prefer to not have that much weight on my MB!
3. It costs a lot [nearly $100].
4. It is terribly ugly to look at [well, from my perspective it is one of the ugliest CPU coolers around (no offense to all you Noctua NH-D14 fanboys)]!

So, in conclusion, first, look at your cooling needs and preferences:

1. Will you do extreme overclocking?
2. What is your price range?
3. How big of a cooler will your system accommodate [you would do well to measure the dimension of your present computer case to discover what exactly your system can accommodate]?
4. Does pretty/ugly appearance matter to you?
5. Are you willing to risk a leak with the cheap and simple closed single loop liquid cooling systems?
6. Are you willing to build and install a high end water cooling system that requires lots of maintenance?
7. How much do you want to impress your friends?

Hope this helps!

Soar

PS Please look carefully at the Corsair H70 pic I have posted below. If you look carefully where the hose attaches to the water pump, you will see why I will never use them again!

PSS BTW, that is not water you see leaking from the Corsair hose...it is in fact deadly Ethylene glycol (EG). So, if your wonderful liquid cooler springs a big enough leak, and you are not there when it happens, but your dogs and cats are home, you may arrive home just in time to see them in their final death throes [animals are extremely attracted to Ethylene glycol (EG)], and love to lap it up as fast as they can]!

PSSS The good news is that Ethylene glycol (EG) has such a strong odor, you can instantly recognize it if/when it leaks. It has an unmistakeable odor...

OK all ill take into effect and i Resat my CPU Fan and Here is what my Information was saying and those look like some awesome choices thanks all

As you can see in my chart it Jumped Very Quickly To 100% of fan usage. It took about 20 seconds to go from 27C to Over 80C Thats a very fast Jump so it looks like ill be looking into a better cooler thanks all for the help
Untitled.png

Vcore is really high for not being overclocked, would definitely cause a high temperature with the relatively worthless stock cooler.

Well Just Purchased the [h=1]Corsair Air Series A70 Performance CPU Cooler CAFA70 Its only going to cosst 10$ :D found a discount promotion on It :suprised:[/h]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom