GPU Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talyor

In Runtime
Alright well i asked cyberpowerpc to upgrade my psu and amd radeon 6670 to a 600-700 watts and an amd radeon 6850 but they said no and i even said i would pay them and they still said no so i was like ok. So now when my computer gets back ill have a 500 watt psu and an amd radeon 6670. So in march or febuary the AMD Radeon 7850 will come out and i just want to know should i wait for it the 7000 series to come out but i have a 200 dollar budget for the psu and gpu. I also wanna know what watts would be good for a 7850

No one will know what the actual power requirements are until the card is actually released and tested.

you really should throw away that turbolink power supply unit. (make sure you properly dispose of it according to local and federal regulations.)

play psu chuckin' or use it as boat anchor. basically anything other than in use it in your computer.

All wires are 20 AWG, i.e., thinner than the minimum recommended.
This is another evidence that we are dealing with a very low-end power supply. Four 2A05 diodes are used, each one supporting up to 2 A at 55º C. Therefore, this unit would be able to pull up to 230 W from a 115 V power grid; assuming 80% efficiency, the diodes would allow this unit to deliver up to 184 W without burning themselves.
Apevia Turbolink ATX-TL450W-BK Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

it's a review of the 450 wattage model, but I'd expect the same crap in your model.

@ Taylor, please don't double post, if you have something else to add to the conversation and no one has posted a reply since your last post (within a 24 hr. period), please use the edit button (looks like a pencil) to add it to your previous post.

The Antec 620 watt will probably be good enough, but it's strictly a guess.

@You never answered my question either slaymate >.> Do you think i can return the soundbar to them and get a asus gpu?

I have no idea what a soundbar is? As for returning it, or anything, if it was part of a package deal then probably not. But you never know, it can't hurt to try, just ask them.

This is a nightmare now im gonna have to upgrade the psu and lose all the profesional wiring done by cyberpowerpc great..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom