Not open for further replies.

Nano511

Baseband Member
Here is my current setup:
250w PSU(dont know the brand or model)
Foxconn N-Alvorix-RS880-uATX
AMD athlon ii i4 640
integrated ati radeon hd 42001 TB HDD6GB RAM

Im only 14 and we only have 1 computer in the house so i dont want to put all my money into this and then have to build a new one when i leave home. But i would like a better graphics card that is compatible with all the parts i already have.My budget is... $150?

EDIT:

heres the plan

antext earthwatts 500w PSU for $60
radeon HD 6850 which is $150 i believe

Can you guys tell me if this is compatible with my current setup?

Okay how about $250 for a PSU and GPU compatible with those parts?

I just dont really want to put a lot of money into it since im not working yet and i wont be keeping this computer once i leave home.

What are you opinions on this combo?
PSU
GPU

See the updated OP. I cant find any information on my mobo so i figure its time for an update. Unless you can find something? By looking at it all i found was 686 Amibios YM96 3742 and AOS-C620887-001

Edit: NVM i just remembered i would also have to buy windows 7... I guess i just have to hope the parts are compatible

Edit 2: Found my mobo. its a Foxconn N-Alvorix-RS880-uATX

Thouhts on the GTX275? It only cost $70 and its number 22 on the graphics performance list.

@ Nano511, please don't double post, if you have something else to add to the conversation and no one has posted a reply since your last post (within a 24 hr. period), please use the edit button (looks like a pencil) to add it to your previous post.

Are you sure? Because the motherboard site i linked says "One PCI Express x1 minicard slot" and the card is 10.5" long. If im correct in where the card goes, it doesnt look like it would fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom