Good PCI Wireless adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

gula187

In Runtime
does anyone know of a good wifi adapter card? they seem to the same price as the usb wifi adapter

It also depends what frequency you want, I ordered the wmp600n (Linksys) it is 5ghz and 2.4ghz compatible and is 300mbps. This one is the only one I could find with 5ghz support.

Edit: to answer your question mbps does matter as long as you router can support it, for example if your router is only 150mbps compatible having a 300mbps adapter is pointless as you would be limited to whatever the lowest speed is (in my example 150mbps)

When MoM said if you need wireless n that means 150mbps and above (I think 124mbps might be included under n but im not sure). 54mbps is G.

well im three rooms away from the router. what should i look for when purchasing one

Yeah sorry, forget to mention there was a range difference. I'm a couple of rooms away from my router and my Xbox gets one bar signal, occasionally 2 ( I have the 5ghz adapter in case anyone's wondering). Whereas I get 2-3 bar on 2.4ghz. If your three rooms away +1 to what MoM said go 2.4ghz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom