Uninstalling XP PRO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavlyk

Banned
Ok the stupid system has pissed me off enough. Everytime I try to boot to XP Pro it always restarts by itself even in safe mode. Ok so how do I go by uninstalling this bugger from my hd? I didn't install it on a different partition I installed it to the primary drive just to a different folder and named it "winxpro". If I delete the folder, the operating system would still be there right? So how do I remove it?:angry:

The easy way to get it off your system is to reformat your hd. But you will loose all data. Just before you do that, transfer the data you want on another drive.

You can use the repair option with the XP disc, or use system restore either in Windows or with the disc (press F2)

Or do an overlay install to the same HD and folder. (never tried this myself though)

I would just do what AND_YOU_ARE said. Copy all important files to another HD or partition or CD and format.

Ok well I guess I won't do that now because firstly I don't have an Xp disc. Well I do but it's Xp pro, and I preffer using Xp home so this won't work. Secondly if I edit the boot.ini txt file and remove the string "multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINXPRO="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect" will this mess up my current os which is xp home??

XP Pro has far more capability than home...not sure why you would want to go back to home instead of pro I guess is what I am curious about :) as mentioned though try the Repair option from the XP Pro disc since that is what you have...this will get rid of your problem with the OS rebooting itself over and over (usually some virus or piece of spyware took over).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom