Animation Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadeth2

Daemon Poster
Guys, I'm on the Robotix Team @ my high school and they put me in charge of configuring in finding financial sources to pay for the new animation workstation. We have a target price of $600 and we will go over only when necessary. This machine will only run two programs which will be Word and the animation software. It will not be connected to the internet and all unnecessary services will be turned off (Windows XP Professional performance settings). It will run CAD, I know for sure. I do not know the names of the other animation programs and there will be some rendering done on this machine. I haven't enough details on the purposes of this computer, I'm sorry. We have certain requirements which include:

Intel Processor on LGA775 (Preferrably a Celeron D J, P4 is too much)
Good Overclocker's Motherboard (I Run An AA8-Duramax, My Friend)
High-End Overclocker's Memory (Ballistix, XMS, HyperX, 512MB)
Case That Has Nice Cooling, But Is Appropriate For School
DVD+/-RW Optical Drive (I Run An Optorite One, That'll Be Fine, Whoah)
Close To High-End GFX Card (I Run An X600Pro OC'ed)
Media Card Reader (One That Fits All Formats)
Large Hard Drive (60 GB on 7200 RPM Will Be Fine)

Guys, I know I'm asking alot here, but I'm not the only one asking. We have high travel costs to pay for when we go to competitions in other states and we cannot afford to sacrifice that money just to enter an animation contest. I'll be honest with you, I have $700 ready to be used for this and please, I'd appreciate it if you could hit the target of $600 and go $700 if necessary...NECESSARY. Thank You!

Ugh, I think those machines require alot of goodies.

Im not sure low-grade equipment will cut it.

Go for a P-4, An Asus mobo, HyperX mem, whatever case, and a 60GB.

I could be wrong on some things, so dont trust me fully.

Yes, but we want PCIe and a P4 cuts too much about of the budget. I'll just OC the Celeron D J and it should run equal to a low-end P4.

Don't Double post your topic in two threads. This is considered spam. Also, I've asked you once in the thread and PM'd you once to change your signature size so please change this ASAP as I'm not going to ask again and I'll pass it on for an admin to handle.

Original thread can be found here:

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32580

This ones closed

- Nubius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom