20+4pin PSU to 24 pin motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

mataebuna

Beta member
i have bought a pc on components so i have the following setup: Asus radeon hd 6850, western digital 500gb sata 3, i3 550 3.2 ghz on socket 1156, PSU Fortron FSP500-60APN (500W) 85Plus 12CM FAN ACTIV PFC OCP/ OVP/ SCP, ATX12V v2.3 (with the following cables 1xCPU 4 pins, 2xMolex 4 pins, 1xATX 20+4 pins, 1xPCI-E 6 pins, 4 x SATA, motherboard ASUS P7P55D-E, and memory kingston 2x2gb 1333 mhz, and my question is that the power source came with a 20 pin bound in the same bunch with another 4 pin and should i put 20+4 or only 20 pins? because if i put the 4 pins with the 20 pin the Cpu slot (8 slots) will be only with the other 4 pin cable instead of 8 so should i get an adapter and get the 20 pin to 24 and fill the CPU slot with both 4 pins cables or just do 20+4 and leave the cpu with 4 slots free?
P.S.: i have never seen such bad manuals except from the asus both video and maindboard manuals aren't detailed enough for beginners like me

plug in 20+4 pin into the 24 pin connector on the motherboard. leaving 4 pins open on the CPU power connector is fine. Sure, blame the manuals.

or you sure i should buy 2 adapaters? because i saw on shops (little pricy tough) 20 to 24 adaptor and saw on net 4 pin to 8 pin cpu adaptor and my motherboard is with 8 pin cpu i dunno why but it is

yea but if i connect the cables to the 8 pins from cpu then i will not have 20+4 pins anymore, because i have 2 different 4 pin cables 1 has that stuff to clip on the other one can only be stick to the others simple

@ mataebuna, please don't double post, if you have something else to add to the conversation and no one has posted a reply since your last post (within a 24 hr. period), please use the edit button (looks like a pencil) to add it to your previous post.

The 4-pin that is connected to the 20-pin makes it a 24-pin. The 4-pin that is not connected to the 20-pin go to the 8-pin cpu power connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom