make links more pronounced

Yes, but a new member may not know that, and post a link that is hard for us to see.

Yes well new members also dont read the rules nor do they read the welcome threads or just about anything. They register, post and dont pay much attention to anything else cause they want and answer to their question. So there is no saying that they would even post a link till it was asked for and at that point you would know that it was a link.

Anyways I have checked the CSS along with the other aspect of the site, meaning the vB ACP, everything is setup to have the links be blue and underlined. Why they are not posting that way is something I will have to contact the new tech admin about. See if he can figure out why the links are not showing up as they should. Cause the software is setup right. So can we please all just stop pestering about it? We are 2 weeks out from Xmas, there are things that take a bit higher priority than how links are shown on a webpage at this time...

Not all members are noob, Mak. I see some that post links like nothing.

I think we all understand that Christmas is coming. AFAIK, we are not pestering about it.

Mak, just because we're discussing it with each other doesn't mean we're personally pestering you.

Seeing new posts in the topic everyday means that people are pestering to have it done. I am the one who said I would look into it. So therefor the chain of events would mean that I am being pestered since I am the one who is responsible.

Patience is the key. I am not available 24/7 anymore. You dont have to post a new reply as to why you think it should be done. I already said I would look into getting it done. Did I ask for validation? No. I agreed and said it would get done. Yet everyday I stop by and see more and more of why it should be done instead of just letting me update when I find something.

Wow of that entire post the only thing people got out of it was my one little rant. Thanks for reading everything guys.

Now to clarify yet AGAIN.

I have checked both the CSS and the ACP. As per both the links should be blue and underlined. For some reason they are not. That has to be investigated further.

So can I please get some patience from you guys and possibly some good feedback and not just talk about 1 remark in a 2 paragraph response? So glad that everyone read the 2nd paragraph and remarked on it....

That would be an option, if there wasnt other things in the works. There are plans on several different aspects of the site in which direction we are going to go with the new ownership. Till a decision is made, this is put on the back burner. As it may not be an issue, depending on the decision made.

That would be an option, if there wasnt other things in the works. There are plans on several different aspects of the site in which direction we are going to go with the new ownership.

What if it was a quick change? What if, it was a change to the CSS that would stop the "pestering".

You know the person who made the CSS? Maybe they know how to fixit ?

I don't know if he is on much anymore, but we do have a dedicated graphic pro on here. I'm sure Baez could figure it out, too.

What if it was a quick change? What if, it was a change to the CSS that would stop the "pestering".

You know the person who made the CSS? Maybe they know how to fixit ?

I already checked the CSS and made a change to it, the change had no effect. So it has to be something else, something deeper within vB 4 that is causing this to happen. I have the CSS and the vB ACP setup the same way so that Links should all be underlined and blue. Yet they are not displayed that way. So it isnt something quick.

I don't know if he is on much anymore, but we do have a dedicated graphic pro on here. I'm sure Baez could figure it out, too.

As stated until we know the outcome of the current talks, it isnt going to matter much. I have already informed the appropriate people about it and they all agree that until a decision is reached on our status, nothing can be done. There is no use in us trying to dig to find the cause of the problem if the proposed changes happen. It will be a waste of time and effort.

Let me chime in here.

This is a known issue. We will make sure that it is addressed at the appropriate time, when changes are made.

Back
Top Bottom