Hyper Transport Sync Flood Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoutnj19

Solid State Member
Hey everyone...

So I built a PC about a year or so ago and have not had any issues until recently. After starting up my computer, I am able to login to Windows 7 normally... but after about 5 minutes or so, the computer restarts itself. The BIOS post and then I get an error that says 'A hyper transport sync flood error has occurred. Press F1 to continue.'

I've tried to read online to find a solution and it sounds like I'm not getting enough power. I could be wrong (I probably am), so I wanted to confirm and find appropriate solutions from you all.

I'm running with:

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black
A simple MSI 785GTM-E45 board
ATI HD 4850 GPU
OCZ 700 W PSU
DVD-RW optical drive
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB hard drive
Cooler Master V8 aftermarket cooler
Windows 7 Ultimate

At the moment, I'm at 3.4 GHz and 1.4 Volts to the CPU at 32 degrees Celsius.

I'd appreciate any help you could provide!

Here is a photo of the error:
476893508.jpg

I had that same issue on my MSI board a few months back.
The issue is related to overclocking. Revert your system to default (non overclock) and see if that helps. Also check RAM, and CPU voltage.
Both of those caused it for me as well.
Edit: Here is what your motherboard supports.
MSI Global ? Mainboard - 785GTM-E45

When I get a chance, I'll revert to default settings in the BIOS and see what happens. I'll report back when I can.

Yea, MSI board here, have the same issues once in awhile when I was on that board, swapped CPU/RAM to a different mobo and haven't had issues. Was a faulty cap on the MSI motherboard.

Unfortunately, a new mobo is not an option.

I've done a number of things to try to isolate the issue. I set the BIOS to the default settings and that didn't fix the problem.

The PC does not restart in BIOS or even in Windows Safe Mode. I ran sfc /SCANNOW and it found no issues. I also ran the check disk utility and that didn't fix it.

The system just restarts once logged in in normal Windows...

I don't know what to do at this point. Someone in another forum suggested to run a Linux Live CD to see if it's a Windows problem or what.

This error is seriously related to instability of your hardware.... :-\

When in safe mode your not pushing your system as much as you would be while in regular ol' windows.

This error occurs when your CPU seriously, can not stay powered up.... Remember that capacitor I told you about on my MSI board that was leaky? Guess what it went to, it went to a mosfet that powered my CPU, guess what, under heavy loads at times, my CPU would flat out just die. Another thing that can cause it, is too little power to the north bridge, you should look at your motherboard for any signs of faulty or worn capacitors.

You also need to run memtest, and make sure you have the latest windows updates, along with stable drivers for your system, as apparently those here have recently been capable of causing that particular error.

EDIT: I read around quiet a bit, this is an issue mostly on ASUS and MSI motherboards, anything hardware wise can cause it, software WILL NOT cause it, unless that software can cause a LOAD on your system. You said your system works fine in safe mode, have you tried to run Prime95 while in safe mode? Try finding ways of stressing your system, I bet it will still error.

Here is a link to another website, but it is a good read on the issue, hundreds of people have the issue, and it's always a bad motherboard configuration. Can be from low quality mosfets, to how traces are ran. Seems HT on AMD systems is very picky about being in absolute perfect health.

http://www.erodov.com/forums/hyper-transport-sync-flood-error-pc-extremely-unstable/29977.html
http://forums.amd.com/forum/message...d=88140&STARTPAGE=1&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear

Read both threads COMPLETELY please, btw, that second link, the guy posting there, uses the same CPU and Motherboard that I once had, and had the same issues.

I appreciate the help.

It looks like I'll need to invest in a new motherboard at some point. So, here are my questions...

1. You can see what's in my build in my first post. What would be a good board to use?
2. This was/is my first build. I don't really know what goes into the process of switching out components. Is it just as simple as disconnecting everything, taking out the board... putting the new one in and connecting everything back?
3. Are there any tricks/things to be concerned about when taking out the processor? I mean, it's a Quad Core... not top of the line, but a solid investment. I'm just worried I'll damage it when taking off the huge heat sink and trying to take it out of the board.

As always, I'm grateful for the help. Thanks!

Keep in mind, if you used an OEM version of Windows, you will have to buy a new version of windows to go with your new motherboard.
You could try to call Windows and explain that you have to get a new motherboard due to your old one being faulty and see if they will work with you.

It's the same way that you installed everything in your first build. Take everything apart, put everything together using your new motherboard.

Yes, remember basic ESD procedures. Don't stand on carpet, don't wear wool socks, ground yourself constantly, ground your tools, etc.
Make sure that you clean all of the TIM off of your processor and heatsink. Then apply new TIM to the processor when you put it all back together. Isopropyl alcohol with coffee filters and cotton swabs works perfect with this. Grab the highest percent you can find.
Keep the processor in the socket to avoid damaging it while cleaning it. Also make sure that no TIM is anywhere when you are done. It shouldn't be in the socket, on the motherboard, or on the heat sink or processor when you are done.

Alright. Sounds like a plan.

I'm still looking for suggestions for a new board. What would you all suggest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom