TMPGENc Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavenderAC

In Runtime
Hi, I am having some trouble converting AVI file to MPG with TMPGEnc 2.5. Everything looked fine when I set it up. I had to extract the audio as a wav file first then input them for converting. The frequency was chosen correctly as well. But when the conversion reach to 100%, it gives an error msg "Invalid pointer operation". Does anyone know what that is how to fix it? The created MPG movie file is not in sync with the audio either. Someone help plz. Thanks

I'm curious as to why you had to sepearte the video and audio streams? When I use it I simply select the mode and the video file I want to convert and then it will bring up the video & audio file in the windows..then just keep hitting next untill it shuts up..lol. then bamm I got my MPG.

Also the question for why converting to MPG...There are many differnt reasons...for one when making a VCD they have to be in MPEG1 format so you would have to convert any AVI, WMV, DIVX..files so they can be burnt to VCD...You could always let Nero take care of this, but I've always found that its converter took FOREVER and it was a one time deal..where as when you convert the files yourself you have them in the proper format in case you want to ever make another VCD disk..also when creating a DVD it requires MPEG1 to be able to convert them to MPEG2's...at least with TMPGEnc DVD Author...it would say the video is in the wrong format and will not let you select the video file for a DVD compilation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom