Small upgrades to my build, would it make a difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
edit: Nvm, got it working. The thought "Static Shock" was going through my mind the whooole time. Screw it, next time I'm not gonna risk it and im gonna buy a shock wrist band grounding thing.

whats the easiest way to ground yourself, im not bothering with buying the wrist band. and whats the best surface to put my pc together?

ok thanks, im probably going to put my pc together in my conservatory so i will be using wood as my surface and theres tiles on the floor, that's fine isnt it?

Slaymate or Mindovermaster, would you consider this a good guide to follow for ocing my cpu? Found it on a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a7AxZJ7tWc <--- A video by NCIX Linus Tech Tips, how's that? He uses my motherboard, which is perfect, quite exciting he got it 4.0 easily, and I only want a 3.6 overclock :). Using my research I have done, his cpu ratio is 14.0 * 286 Bus Frequency is roughly ~4ghz, so I would have to find something that equals 3.6, he made it seem so simple!

Pictures ftw! ~~~ I will be uploading them slowly, (I really want to know of a batch picture uploader :/)

b8ts3r.jpg

Ripjaws your great and all, but jeez sometimes your jaws are pretty darn scary for big coolers.
14n21d.jpg

10r30qw.jpg

muafpe.jpg

125n7mc.jpg

Now off to OC this baby to 3.6, I'll report back in a few minutes. And btw there's a nice small difference in speeds with opening programs from 4GB Ram --> 8GB Ram, I noticed I can open a game, chrome, and skype, within ~20 seconds of the computer starting, that would take near a minute or so on the 4GB ram, just though I'd share.

edit: Success! It's running at 3.6 atm, running prime95 for stabability. Although, I have 1 problem, in my computer on system properties it still reflects 2.8, is that normal? CPU-ID and HW Monitor etc.. and Prime are reporting 3.6.

Thanks, I can push it to 4.0 with this cooler (seen it personally) but seeing as it's fine where it is I'm fine. I noticed a ~15 fps boost in crowded areas in games.

Thanks to all you guys again on the tech forums! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom