New laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolbrze

In Runtime
I'm thinking of purchasing a new laptop. I've been to several computer stores & Best Buy and the one I like the best is below. I've always had good luck w/ Dells (have an Inspiron now) but have read & heard a lot of poor reviews on some of their newer products. From all the research I've done, Toshiba, Hp, & Asus seem to be good machines. I'll mainly be using this for business docs, word processing, & internet usage (no gaming); what do you think of the Toshiba laptop below?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Toshiba...38847&id=1218402131159#tabbed-customerreviews

Don't trust reviews on retail sites like Newegg. Look at professional reviews. That one should be fine for you. There, however, are cheaper alternatives. You don't need that much to run Word and surf. What is your budget?

Hello guys,

M using new laptop of dell company..the lappy is working very well , i have used last 1 year but i have not faced any problem inside..

Thanks,

Rakesh

I would not suggest a Dell. I do still have my Vostro 1500 from 4 years ago. Still kicking. But that is a business grade laptop. Better made.

Care to explain yourself? Vostro laptops are very well made. They are the business level of their laptops. I never heard anything bad about them.

I've heard Inspirons breaking all the time. Cheaply made, IMO.

Best Buy is not the place to buy, no. But you can try them out at their store and see if you really like the laptop. Then buy it online at stores like Newegg. Or directly from Dell.

Buying anything from Best Buy? Not true. For their computer line, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom