High Threaded Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEATHRUNE

Solid State Member
Personally I like High Threaded Programs, I mean 64 bit, and done well.

I am getting the amd bulldozer (8 cores).

And in benchamrks its not that great in 32 bit programs, so ye.

Internet browser? Firefox 8 is probably the best for this or maybe IE even.

What about Internet Security

i was just wondering, ye i will be using the microsoft protection i forgot.

i was wondering about if there was high threaded programs, they work better with the amd bulldozer's architecture, programs designed for 4 core cpu's even though bulldozer is 8

From what I've seen the 8 core bulldozer chips don't outperform the 4 core i5 at anything really. Highly threaded or not.

From what I've seen the 8 core bulldozer chips don't outperform the 4 core i5 at anything really. Highly threaded or not.

On most 64 bit programs, bulldozers are about 5% slower than i7's. The more demanding the program is the better it preforms, bare in mind please, the cpu could run multiple at the same time and still be at the same level

Hi,

Just because you are getting a multi-core CPU, doesn't mean you should go out of your way to find the programs that's most multi-core efficient.

same logic as just because you got a set of snow tires, doesn't mean you have to drive all the way up to Alaska to use them to their extent.

regardless of how many cores your CPU have, you should just stick to the programs you are most familiar or efficient at using.
just like any professional photographic work are still going to be performed with Adobe Photoshop. doesn't matter how many cores the computer it has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom