HD 5570

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ksingler

In Runtime
My brothers computer has a 9400GT right now. It is 512MB and DDR2.

How much of an improvement would a HD 5570 be over it? The 5570 is 1GB, and DDR3.

Very light gaming and his wife uses photoshop. So I figure the 5570 would be an upgrade for both, with the 1GB of VRAM.

for photoshop and light gaming (what games?), i don't know what kind of improvements you'll see as those are more processor intensive applications.

95% CS 1.6, 5% TF2.

The rest of the PC is an AMD 2.7ghz kuma and 4GB of RAM.

That should have no problem pushing a 6570?

Didn't want to start a new thread, the 6570 is arriving today. Is it best with these low end cards to install the latest drivers? Or can you get by with installing the drivers that come with the CD? Also, this thing should be able to max out L4D/2? I know the video card is good since the recommended requirements is a 7600 or X1600, but how does the 7750BE Kuma 2.7GHz fair against Intel Core 2 Duo E4600?

its usually pretty safe to throw away the cd drivers that are included. you always want the latest official drivers.

+1 to that. The drivers on the CDs are only as new as when the card itself came out, which means they are usually several version behind at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom