Cant See Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talyor

In Runtime
So Hey guys i recently dropped my laptop and now i cant see the display, and since i just sent my desktop to cyberpower to be repaired i got nothing to do.

The laptop is an HP Pavilion Dv6 3122us AMD Turion II 2.4 Ghz 4 GB DDR3 500 gb hdd. So the problem is i can turn on the laptop but i cant see any display. So does anyone know what the problem would be. I tried hooking a vga monitor to it but it didnt work either and also i have the hard drive out of it right now so could that be the problem?

Most likely there is something wrong with your GFX card.

The hard drive is the least likely culprit here.

What side did you bang it on?

where it holds the display and the gpu but when i start the comp the fan for the gpu runs, Im not really sure if its the gpu it might just be a fan for the laptop

Normally, a laptop GPU doesn't have a fan. It's just passively cooled.

That is most likely your CPU side fan.

Try opening your case, if you can, and investigate your GPU. Could be that it just got dislodged.

i wish i knew where the gpu was lol and idk if its an onboard videocard so i guess im pretty screwed.

Dont worry next computer ill get ill just build one just amazing how much pieces of crap HP is

That won't matter. If your external monitor will not work, it is a problem with your GFX card, not your LCD screen.

BTW, you can't build your own laptop. You can build off a barebone, but that is pricey to do.

When you connect an external monitor you might need to hold the function key (FN) and the display key, which is usually one of the F keys

Some laptops will automatically switch and display on an external screen but not all, so you may have to do it manually.

The problem you have could be a number of things such as a damaged motherboard, graphics chip/card, screen, screen inverter and even just a dislodged or broken cable connecting the screen to the motherboard.

It can be hard to troubleshoot issues like this online and usually are better solved by having someone take a look at it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom