Keyboard problem enter BIOS setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiller.

In Runtime
I have a strange problem that I can't seem to figure out. I was having trouble entering the BIOS setup on my MSi P67A-C43 motherboard until I switched keyboards...It won't enter BIOS setup with my Tt MEKA mechanical keyboard, but there is no problem entering BIOS with my other keyboard (Gigabyte Force K3). With the Tt keyboard, it enters the Boot Manager screen instead of setup when pressing delete. With the Gigabyte keyboard, it enters BIOS setup as it should. Any ideas to this problem? I plan on keeping the Tt keyboard and getting rid of the Gigabyte keyboard, so I would like to be able to access the BIOS setup with my Tt keyboard.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply...If you look at the picture, you can see that the proper delete key is in the number pad between 0 and enter. The problem is the 'num lock' kicks on just when I need to press DEL, so it makes the DEL key the period. Does that make any sense? I need to find a way to disable the num lock key during boot up so I can access BIOS with this keyboard...

Edit: It's not letting me upload a picture...

Use something like tinypic.com

Try getting into BIOS with your gigabyte KB. There is an option in BIOS to enable or disable the num lock on startup. It should be around where you set your boot priority.

Looked through the manual, looks like not. You need this:

iStock_delete_key_Small.jpg

:lol:

As to your problem, maybe you can just keep that giggabyte keyboard, and just plug it in when you need to get into BIOS.

Yeah, haha...Good news is I just bought it and am going to return it to newegg. I'll try a mechanical keyboard with a better layout!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom