Multifunction USB Print Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ares

In Runtime
Hi everyone,

It's been a while since i've posted. I've been really busy and what not. Anyway, i've got a question that i'm looking to get cleared up. This kinda falls in the area of networking and also hardware.

I just purchased a Lexmark x1185 printer/scanner/copier for my home network. I want to network this baby so that i can print and/or scan from any computer on the network. I don't want to use a dedicated machine (computer printer server) but rather a small specialized print server (they look like routers kinda). Anyway, does anyone here know of a print server that supports multifunction printers?? All the ones i have seen don't support printers that also act as scanners.

I went to newegg and i looked at a few of them. I ended up purchasing a HAWKING HPSU1 (usb single port print server) but after getting it i realized it wasn't going to work for my printer. The guys at HAWKING TECH. told me it may work enough to do the print job, but it won't work for scanning and might still have issues with printing. They didn't have any other advice for me. I emailed newegg but i haven't heard from them yet.

Anyone here know of a print server that might fit my needs? I really don't want to use a dedicated machine, although if i must, i will.

Anyway, thanks and any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Well, just an update to the post. I tried getting the HAWKING Print Server to work. Configuration was hell and the instructions they give you don't quite help me much. I couldn't get the pc to talk to the server at all. I'm just RMAing it and i'll just hook the printer up to a dedicated machine. It would take less time for me to set that up than for me to toy with this little print server gizmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom