xonar dx output question

Status
Not open for further replies.

eiflegend

Baseband Member
hi. i have a xonar dx sound card, along with a 8ft extension cord which is plugged into the main audio output slot for both speakers and headphones. i have a 2.1 speaker setup, and was wondering if there was any way around having to always plug the speakers out to put in the headphones into the cord and reverse. simply put, is there a way to have both the speakers and the headphones plugged in at the same time and just choosing which one you want sending out sound, without audio quality loss? thanks

Yes, it should be fairly simple to do if your mobo!
Have a look at this:
ASUS_P6X58D-E_Motherboard_IO.jpg

If you change your speaker setup to Quadrophonic and adjust you main volume level to 30% and the mic speaker at 35%.
Disable any echoing bass or trebel effects, also adjust your mic to cancel out any in direct room noise.
Matter of fact try it now with a game and use xfire client to see what works best for you.
I highly recommend you keep your volume stable and do not let the sound card automatically raise the volume.

thanks for the reply. so you want me to plug the jacks into the mobo slots? then the sound won't be coming from the card but onboard....

thanks for the reply. so you want me to plug the jacks into the mobo slots? then the sound won't be coming from the card but onboard....

Yes if it is convient for you it will be best, plug the mic or headset to blue port, headphones to red.
Depending if your speakers are 2 or with a small bass in the middle, please plug in your speaker set to black.
Also if your sound card has a speaker surround test layout give it a test and make sure you get the results you want.
Also keep in mind windows has its own version, but has a mind of its own when working speaker layout. "Beware"

precisely, my onboard is disabled in bios because i have a sound card. put it only has one slot for both headphones/speakers, making me have to manually replug the cord whenever i want to switch between them. im coming to a realization that there's probably no free way around this, unless i buy some special hardware which comes with its own problems of course

yes there is and i actually do have one of those cords and actually i just connected it. the cord has 2 ends one for the motherboard and one for the front panel, i connected them both but i'm not getting any sound from the front panel audio slot for some reason. its supposed to work right? edit: oh word, apparently card doesnt automatically detect when front panels been plugged in. i had to manually set it in the driver's settings and now it works. looks like i solved my problem, got speakers plugged into the front panel and headphones into the back slot of the card. doesnt seem to affect sound quality. good looks MoM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom