Satellite or Inspiron... or Ideapad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJKilworth

Beta member
Not sure if this will make a multiple post or not :/ But here goes:

I'm buying a new laptop soon but I'm incredibly undecided on what to get. There are two I'm considering on buying and three more that I'd like your opinion on. The latter three are more expensive so I was wondering if it was actually worth the extra 80/50 pounds. Thanks so much for any help:

Considering to buy:

TOSHIBA Satellite C660-258 15.6" Laptop - Black at cheap prices | PC World

DELL Inspiron Q15R Switch 15.6" Laptop - Black at cheap prices | PC World

Would like your opinions/comparisons:

LENOVO Ideapad Z570 15.6" Laptop

TOSHIBA Satellite L750-1E8 15.6" Laptop - Red at cheap prices | PC World

SAMSUNG Series 3 NP300E5A-A02DX 15.6" Laptop at cheap prices | PC World

What makes the Toshibas good? Also, is the extra £80 justified? argh, I wish I knew less about this stuff so I could just herp derp and get any laptop

The toshibas have good processors plus an Intel HD Graphics 3000 and the others kinda have sucky gpus

All Intel GFX's suck, IMO, but if you aren't gaming or doing graphical programs, I wouldn't worry about it. But the 3000's are the best of the Intel GFX's.

Yeh I've just done a direct comparison between both Toshibas and it's the C660 model which is better suited, I'm not a gamer (on the computer at least) so the most I'll be having is Office word up and PowerPoint and then 6 tabs on my screen. Maximum.

Thanks a lot for your help guys! If anyone else has any information before I buy this that would be great :)

Chris

The L750 has better specs, but not much that would help me nor justify the extra £80. the only that would appeal would be the blue tooth and the third USB slot.

Plus, with the C660 I would be able to upgrade the ram to 8GB.

If I had more money I'd be getting the L750. :( stupid economy aha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom