Problem!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankush09

Daemon Poster
Okay, so i decide to format my computer today. INstall office 2003 pro, winrar, messenger 6.2, nvidia and intel drivers. When i am right clicking a file such as a folder on my desktop. Windows explorer error report comes. then a DrWatson error report comes :confused: and i dodnt even know that is. Then my comp freezes up when i click dont send or send error report and i have to restart. PLEASE HELP! I DO NOT WANT TO GO THRU REFORMATTING AGAIN!

I saw your computer specs, and noticed you have SP2. There are lots of people posting on this forum that have very weird problems with SP2. I don't know if you want to, but try to install SP1 or just original XP and see if that is the problem.

i figured out it IS sp2 causing the problem; i made the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug from 1 to 0 in regedit. hopefully it wont occur now.

if u didnt already, u should also.. go to...

controle panel/system/advanced/startup and recovery/settings.. turn off "system failure/auto restart"

controle panel/system/advanced/error reporting.. "diabel error reporting"

controle panel/folder options/view.. turn on "launch folder windows in a seperate proccess"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom