Small upgrades to my build, would it make a difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The goodies are arriving tomorrow, I'm all ready except for the overclocking. I did my bit of research but would you guys suggest an AMD ocing guide for asus boards?

Alright thanks I'll be doing it this afternoon.

Alright, been reading a lot on different stuff, the most confusing thing is voltages though, and what program to use for testing stabability, prime95 any good? the rest is pretty easy, it's my first time ocing, so I'll have lots of patience with it.

All other ocing questions I have, I'll ask in the ocing forums or here is fine?

Okay stuff is here, taking pics like you guys requested, will install everything first then start ocing. Goal: 3.6 ghz. And OMG is the V6 gt HUGE.

Yep, I'll wait to install the heatsink with my cousin quickly skimming through the manual, looks like a second pair of hands would help a lot.

That's impressive. :)

Hey I installed the fan and ram I'll leave the cpu fan and the pics for tomorrow.

Got a small problem, ANYTHING (dvi cables too) I plug into the back of my computer, where the mobo slots are at, don't work when I turn on the PC like I don't get monitor signal no mouse turns on, keyboard doesn't work nothing, I left some cables dangling near the metal of the board, could that create any grounding issues? I'm gonna zip-tie those cables just incase. But, what else can it be?

edit: Nvm, got it working. The thought "Static Shock" was going through my mind the whooole time. Screw it, next time I'm not gonna risk it and im gonna buy a shock wrist band grounding thing.

Alright. I'll post back if anything goes wrong while installing the V6.

@ iceyc0ld, please don't double post, if you have something else to add to the conversation and no one has posted a reply since your last post (within a 24 hr. period), please use the edit button (looks like a pencil) to add it to your previous post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom