Just finished building pc, have a few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitsu3kGTVR4

Baseband Member
I just finished building my computer and there are tons of options that I have no idea what to set to...

This is what I have:

MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum
939 AMD 3500
Antec Sonata/Antec 380 watt psu
1 GB DDR400 Ballistix
ATI 9600 Pro
Netgear 108mbps wireless card
NEC 16x DVDr
52x dvd drive
60 GB IDE hard drive for now but will be using WD Raptor and Seagate 200GB soon

Questions:

When I booted up for the first time my cpu temp in the bios said 113 F. What should the CPU temp be?

Any tips on settings with this configuration? Sorry, I don't know what half of them mean...

Overall, I'm very happy with this setup. It's extremely quiete and very fast. Everything was compatible with no issues, and setting it up was easy.

Study your Manual .Disable what your not using.Leave your settings at default for a break in period.Your temp should get lower as it burns in.Make sure your AGP is set correctly.Did you update the Chipsets? Run some tests Prime95-Memtest 3.3
3Dmark03 etc....

I think you can get the CPU temp below 113. It is a 3500 though...another case fan could probably help...

yes it should be there Under Hardware Monitor .Also look for a Program on the MB CD that will monitor temps in Windows.
Also as previously stated a Fan pulling air in the front and a rear fan sucking air out .Being the same size and running the same RPM is a good combination.

it's 90 nm, and yeah i was checking in the bios

after running my computer for a while the temp drops to about 105

will check out the motherboard programs

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom