old laptop performance question

Status
Not open for further replies.

barackca

Beta member
Hello,
first i would like to say im completely newbie with computers so it may sound silly,still. Now im living with my father's laptop and i cant understand why its so lagy. Everything laging even minecraft :sad:... So question is is it really hardwares problem,lack of RAM or something or maybe something else? Laptop running on Intel Core Duo CPU t5750 @ 2.00 Ghz, 2GB ram memmory ,mobility radeon HD 3400. Thank you !!!

ps. sorry if this section is wrong...and i cant believe this lapton is too old for minecraft .

It isn't. Most likely, you have to clean it out. What OS are you running?

First of all, get CCleaner, and run that, gets rid of temp files and a lot of other junk. Disregard the registry cleaner.

Did you run a virus and/or spyware check lately? Get Malwarebytes and run that.

Go to the run command, type in msconfig, and go to the startup tab. Unless you know what the program is and need it, keep it checked. All the others, uncheck. You can always re-enable them.

It isn't. Most likely, you have to clean it out. What OS are you running?

First of all, get CCleaner, and run that, gets rid of temp files and a lot of other junk. Disregard the registry cleaner.

Did you run a virus and/or spyware check lately? Get Malwarebytes and run that.

Go to the run command, type in msconfig, and go to the startup tab. Unless you know what the program is and need it, keep it checked. All the others, uncheck. You can always re-enable them.

im running on win 7 32 bit

I just noticed that i have directx 11 installed,i think this video card not support it,can it be a problem? if so how can i remove it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom