COMPUTER NOOB! HARDRIVE RESET/WIPE, COMPUTER CLEANING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobag420

Beta member
Ok so my computer is running ridiculously slow lately. I know its because I download stupid things. I would like to ask anyone reading if they know how to do a complete re-do. Like wipe my computer clean without using a XP startup disc or using a floppy. Is there any programs I can run that will wipe my computer? Im running XP. SYSTEM RESTORE IS BLOCKED IN SAFE MODE!

Whoa, formatting your HD is a bit drastic of a way to fix a slow computer...what else have you tried? Defragmenting? Memtest? Scanning for Malware? Or simplest of all, freeing up some space on your disk by deleting unwanted files?

SO my computer crashed. Pretty sure i had a virus although this virus disabled everything beside the fake security scan. And no i didnt download this false security thing. I just didnt have avg or any sort of protection installed. IM running in safe mode now. Any help ASAP would be amazing, as I can only watch football on my computer =(.

Also this computer really is just my crash test dummy. I have a laptop for all my things i NEED. This comp has nothing worth saving.

Go to Spyware-Asylum. Select the OS for the computer in question, select Full Scan. Download the programs in the guide using your laptop and transfer them to the infected computer using a flash drive or cd. Follow the guide carefully and then post the log files here.

Fake security scan? Is it AVSuite, by any chance?
AVSuite is a ransomware that blocks any executables you try to launch and advises you to buy their software to "uncorrupt" them. It's hard to remove, but it can be done. Here's a detailed tutorial.

If all else fails, yes, you can format your drive. Here's a tutorial on that.

PLEASE NOTE: This will erase everything on your drive. You'll need to reinstall your OS, too, so if you don't have a Windows installation disk, don't do it.

if you want a complete wipe, you must need the xp disc.
you may want to look online for a download sources and burn it yourself... just sayin'
or order it from microsoft directly, only like $10-$15 bucks, if you can provide a genuine I believe.

or try out linux, its free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom