Change is coming to Tech-Forums !!

The app may not work anymore. We are moving away from the vB Mobile Suite which supplied the App. Andy is working with his team to get a better app for people to use with the site. The same app they use on their various other forums. So the mobile app maybe down till they get the transition complete.

Yeah the search and index will hopefully get fixed.

KSoD is correct about the apps.
welcome.... and hope the TF app for droid improves! LOL
We will have totally new apps made and they should be much better and work consistently.

EDIT: Wait, does this mean our search and index might be fixed?
The vBulletin search is horrible. We have developed a new search product and will get that installed ASAP. It will allow for Boolean searches too.

Will that system work with users that have had account names changed? That is where searches for my posts break at the most for some reason it seems like. I kinda like this new owner :3

Buckle your seat belts ladies and gents. Sounds like this could be an exciting, wild ride. WEEEeeee!!!!!

Anywhoo, i wish Andy and his new crew all the best.

@Andy - were u considering multiple sites? If so, why pick TF?

Ps this post created using the vb android app

Yes the App is still working as of right now. It wasnt earlier. I can vouch for that cause I tested it myself on both my phone and tablet. This also does not mean that it will continue to work. Please read the comments carefully.

We are going to be switching apps. Support for the current app will be dropped. It will not be updated at all and possibly be removed from the market. That is if Andy and his team can't figure out a way to merge the current app with the one they want to use. If that is not possible, then it will be gone. So there is no saying that the app will continue to work as the move of servers happens. As the current app will not have the proper settings.

So while you maybe able to use it today, that doesnt mean that you will tomorrow. Is that any clearer for those who might be confused?

Back
Top Bottom