Looking For a New Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

theopfor

In Runtime
Not that my computer is old, it just isn't powerful enough. I am looking for a computer that is good for some gaming, and programming. I mainly browse the web on forums, and program. Occasionally I do some gaming. I like the size of the netbook I currently use. It could be a little bit bigger, preferably a resolution of 1024x768, and around a 12" screen. It would be ideal if it was a laptop.

I am currently doing some Google searches, but if there are any others out there, and maybe some good discounts/deals out there, it would be nice if you could share the link to online stats on it.

Any ideas of what I could buy?

Your budget? Laptops normally come in 14" size and larger. Anything smaller than that is typically a netbook.

As to "some games", what games, specifically?

If you are doing programming, you might want to look at a Lenovo. They can pack a punch for compiling.

I don't really have a budget. Less than $1000 is ideal. By "some games," I mean something that can support Minecraft. I like the the size of the netbook I use right now, so if there is one that is about 12", that would be good, but I am flexible.

If I was buying a laptop myself, I would actually get the Sony Vaio for it's larger screen resolution.
but if you are content with 1024x768 before, the Alienware will do you just fine. Plus it sounds like you'd like its smaller size more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom