My Final (I Think) Christmas Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out the (stickied) gpu performance list. I can't tell you off hand it's preformance rankings, but I had that card in my last build, and it was the best price/performance GPU I've ever bought. And go for TX2 thermal paste over the Artic Silver 5, since no one else caught that.

Check out the (stickied) gpu performance list. I can't tell you off hand it's preformance rankings, but I had that card in my last build, and it was the best price/performance GPU I've ever bought. And go for TX2 thermal paste over the Artic Silver 5, since no one else caught that.
thanks for reply, ill check out the performance list (i probably should have checked there was one. woops. ill go with the tx2 since you know better than me why do you suggest it anyway is it just what everyone goes with?
thanks for the link. :) i noticed the 6850 was better than the 460 should i get that instead? its the same price so im thinking i might aswell.

Most people do use it, and it's just better than Arctic Silver 5. PC Zenith recenzija (review): Tuniq TX-2 vs. Zalman, Arctic Silver & Thermalright - dio 1 An article comparing thermal pastes.
Thanks for the link, i loled looking at your post. It sounds so dull, an article comparing thermal pastes :)

Just wondering how do you spread your thermal paste, I've seen loads of different ways (credit cards, non powder gloves, pressing the heatsink onto the paste etc.). How do you usually do it? Is there generally a best or good way to do it?

Thanks for the link, i loled looking at your post. It sounds so dull, an article comparing thermal pastes :)

Just wondering how do you spread your thermal paste, I've seen loads of different ways (credit cards, non powder gloves, pressing the heatsink onto the paste etc.). How do you usually do it? Is there generally a best or good way to do it?

I use a drop about the size of a BB. Then I reapply the heatsink to the processor, and let the pressure spread it out. That's the best way I found, but there are many different methods that work.
Thermal Paste and How To Use It
An article on how to use thermal paste. :thumbsup:

i've heard that sapphire is a good brand from various sources, correct me if i'm wrong, but if i recall correctly, they are cheaper and don't have as long a warranty as other brands...

i've heard that sapphire is a good brand from various sources, correct me if i'm wrong, but if i recall correctly, they are cheaper and don't have as long a warranty as other brands...

Definitely cheaper, comes with a two year warranty. Is that less than other brands?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom