Windows XP tablet options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AA-ron

Baseband Member
Im running Windows XP 64-bit and Im using a Wacom Intuos 3 tablet. I have the latest drivers installed but Im running into this irritating problem. I cant figure out how to disable the "Press and Hold" for right-clicking option. If you're not familiar with it, what this does, is if I press the tablet stylus to the tablet surface and hold it there, a little icon appears around the cursor of a right-clicking mouse, which enables the right-clicking action. This is always getting in my way and it causes a lot of latency and accuracy issues.

Ive read that this can be disabled in the "Pen and Touch" options, but I cannot seem to find this anywhere. Most of the information Ive found to deal with this problem was for Windows 7, which is a slightly different layout compared to XP.
Some of these articles have said that the "Pen and Touch" options are in Control Panel, but I only find the Wacom Tablet Properties options there, which does not include anything about press and hold.
Another article mentioned to go to Start> Run> gpedit.msc and open the Local Group Policy Editor and look for the Pen and Touch options there, but I still do not see anything.

It used to be that stopping or disabling the Wintab or TabletPC services (in Administrative Tools> Services) would solve the tablet issues, but they are either disabled or not there.

This is quite frustrating and I have looked everywhere to figure out how to disable this feature.
If anyone has any suggestions, Id greatly appreciate it!
Thanks in advance!

x64? That may be, but it looks exactly like XP except that its 64 bit. Well, I figured that info could maybe help but I think Im using the least commonly used OS nowadays haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom