Upgrading computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seppo

Beta member
Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade my computer due to not being able to play games properly without lag.
I don't know that much about computers to be honest so I do need some help.

I have the standard Acer Aspire AX3400 computer with the following specs
AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 220 Processor (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
4GB DDR3 RAM NVIDIA GeForce 315 1GB
Sorry, don't know what else to post here and I'm unsure what my power supply is.

I would like to know which parts should I upgrade to be able to play the newest games with decent settings without major lags.
Any help is appreciated and I'm willing to try and provide more information if needed.

is that the type of case you have?
Yes, the case looks exactly the same with the one you linked.
and if so i dont thenk theres much you can do
Really? Well that would be dissapointing if there's really nothing I can do about this :{
you will need to upgrade your power supply and video card.
Yeah I thought so myself too but wasn't really sure.
what is your budget?
Haven't really decided on the budget yet. Was thinking about a couple hundred euros tops but like I said, not sure yet.
welcome to tech forums
Thank you :}

assuming that your motherboard is the same you'll need a card like Newegg.com - SPARKLE SXT4301024S3LHS GeForce GT 430 (Fermi) 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Video Card but your pci x16 slot doesnt have a locking tab so that confuses me. maybe someone with a little more knowledge then me can chime in. but with the power supply with slim computers most of the time there made just for the pc there in you may have a hard time finding one to fit

and of course never go on the word of 1 person because if im wrong or someone else is your stuck with the bill and the wrong part or parts

You can move your internals to a new case to get the room you need for a standard sized card. From what I can see your motherboard will bolt in as a mATX even though it is shorter than one.

Alrighty, I've been doing some research and would like some more professional opinions than mine.

Do you think a shuttle power supply would fit into my computer? If it does, wouldn't a 500W power supply be sufficient?

Which video card would be the best purchase compared to my current one? The GT 430 linked above, Palit 2GB Geforce GT520 Low Profile or Geforce GTS 450 Low profile one? Or perhaps some other card that I don't yet know about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom