Graphic Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdingo

Solid State Member
so been using nvidea 9600 for a few years .....great card but time for an upgrade. installed XFX HD-687X-CNFC Radeon HD 6870 Graphic Card - 900 MHz Core - 2 GB DDR5 SDRAM - PCI Express 2.1 x16 and drivers. was fine last night but this morning there were a bunch of Ghaphical Anomalies ........split screen....grainy..........and sometimes just no display at all. When I tried to re install the drivers (on the disk) it said "detection driver failed to install".

Last time I had issues like this was when I installed the card I am using now. Turned out to be a PSU problem. Any ideas

(PSU now is 650

Re: Ghaphic Anomalies

4g DDR2
duel core amd 2.8 cpu
asus m3n72-d mother board
windows seven
650 psu

Forget the drivers on the disk. Download the latest Catalyst drivers from AMD. Be sure that you have uninstalled the Nvidia drivers, and then uninstall your current drivers. Reboot and install the new drivers.

so I did that and everything worked great for about 4 minutes then it started again. it starts off by putting my desktop back ground in the middle.....so that the stuff on the far left of my screen is set in the middle. then after that it just craps out and gets real bad

ok will download that and check it. I got it to work but on much lower settings than it is capable of....and even then it was not reliably stable. It craps out when on high resolution or I am running my game. And what is an RMA?

tried to DL that program but kept saying a file was missing...............ugh

@ vdingo, please don't double, if you have something more to add to the conversation and no one else has replied since your last post (within a 24 hour period), please use the Edit Function (button looks like a pencil) to add the info to your last post.

Can't figure this out

Mainboard : Asus M3N72-D
Chipset : nVidia nForce 740a SLI
Processor : AMD Athlon 7850 Black Edition @ 2800MHz
Physical Memory : 4096MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM )
Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.1)
Hard Disk : Western Digital WD5000AAVS-00N7B0 ATA Device (500GB)
DVD-Rom Drive : SONY DVD RW DW-Q28A
Monitor Type : SONY SDM-P232W - 23 inches
Network Card : Nvidia MCP77 Ethernet
Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition Media Center 6.01.7601 Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
DirectX : Version 11.00
Windows Performance Index : 5.9 on 7.9

those are my specs. I have a new processor but need to flash my bios before i can use it and can't figure that out with windows seven. I am trying to install the XFX 6870 graphics card but am having issues. I got rid of old drivers and put in the newest ones for the card. It'll work fine for like five minutes then starts setting the back ground in weird spots then will get all grainy and crap out forcing me to reboot. Upon reboot there are horizontal lines on the mobo logo screen , on the next screen a bunch of aaaaaa with ` that above them. Then on the windows load screen two large vertical blue lines......sometimes it will load to my desk top and sometimes it will not. If i can get it to the desk top and put the resolution settings way down it will be fine.....sorta....still will crap out sometimes. Getting pretty frustrated......could it be a MOBO bios thing.......or do i need to send my card to the manufacturer? plz help

@ gringo, please don't start multiple threads about the same problem.

Did you download and run MSI Afterburner like Trotter requested? What are your temperatures?

You listed your specifications but you failed to tell us about your power supply.

When the system crashes does it give you any error message?

Your telling us that you have a new card, XFX 6870, but in the specifications you gave us your saying you have a Nvidia 9600 GT?

How old is this computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom