Which chipset for gaming?? help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThusToTyrants

Solid State Member
I've been seeing a lot of discussion between p67 and z68 chipsets. I couldn't find a forum relating to this topic on tf, so I was wondering your guys' opinions on these two choices. If it helps, my interest is in gaming mostly.

From what research I've done myself the z68 has only a few extra features, including onboard graphics and ssd caching. I'm planning on a 120gb ssd, so is caching even an issue for me??
-thanks everyone.

those are really the only 2 features that are worth mentioning that z68 bring to the table over p67.

if you are going to be gaming with dedicated graphics cards and a dedicated SSD for the system, go with p67 ;)

don't forget z68 can also utilize quick sync.

if you do A LOT of video encoding or transcoding, you might want to consider the z68 chipset. otherwise with a 120GB ssd P67 is fine.

Yeah I agree with Sean, personally think the Z68 features are pretty gimmicky.

SSD caching, as I understand it, uses a chunk of the SSD for the mechanical hard drive to store frequently accessed files/programs on for faster access.
But you know what programs/files you use frequently, and 120GB should hold most of what you need anyway, so why sacrifice that space?

The only upside to the Z68 that I can see is they are more frequently getting upgraded to Gen3, though I'm not sure how much of an impact that is going to have.

if you are going to be gaming with dedicated graphics cards and a dedicated SSD for the system, go with p67 ;)

Glad you answered this question, was wondering myself what to get, went with 120gb ssd, 560 ti and now will defo go with p67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom