Keeping flash player maximised while muted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonoelgrande

Beta member
Is this at all possible?

For example, i have a video stream open on one of my monitors, mute and maximise it and proceed to use another screen, on current settings the video will go back to normal size in the browser window
Is it possible to keep it maximised while muted and working on another monitor?

Thanks for any help

That all depends. Is this within a browser or a video you have on your PC? If within a browser where is the video being streamed from? Is it a video service like You Tube that has various controls within the video window itself or some other service like NetFlix that just plays within the browser?

That all depends. Is this within a browser or a video you have on your PC? If within a browser where is the video being streamed from? Is it a video service like You Tube that has various controls within the video window itself or some other service like NetFlix that just plays within the browser?

It would be within a browser (chrome) from a video service like youtube / justin tv. As i mentioned it will not allow me to work on another screen while the video is muted if i want to keep the video maximised, thanks.

That is odd, cause I can move my browser window to any of my other screen's and mute the sound while still watching the video. It is not dependent on the monitor in use. I can drag it between my monitors while still having it muted. I maximize it and still have it muted.

ahqa.jpg

As you can see, on my left monitor I have this site open. On my right monitor I have a SassiBoB video playing in full screen. If you look closely you will see that the volume is muted. It is built right into the player on YouTube. So if you have this issue with JustinTV, then their player might not have these functions. I have never used that site so I cant tell you for sure on that one. But this is strange cause it can be done easily. So maybe you have to update flash or something.

Hmm that is odd, my youtube doesnt work with it either, for instance if i did what you did in that screenshot and tried to type in the reply box, the video would go back into the browser instead of staying full screened, perhaps i have something conflicting it, will look into it anyway. Thanks for the help

Chrome doesnt use Flash. You have to remember that. Chrome has flash built into it. So there is no need to have it installed if you are using Chrome. The only thing I can suggest is instead of using just a single instance of Chrome, use the Profiles option. Have 1 profile doing what you want on the web, then have the other profile open in another window on the other screen running the videos.

That way you dont have 1 instance of the browser trying to do all the work. That is where the problem is. As soon as you try to force the video full screen and then click on the forum reply field, you take the focus away from the video. You dont quite notice it but I have 2 instances of my browser running. This is cause I use the program Bins that stacks all of my open windows on top of each other to save space. So I was doing exactly what I said above and had 2 profiles open and 2 browser instances cause it is impossible trying to have 1 browser instance open doing all the work.

Let me put it this way. It would be like trying to play a game and surfing the web at the same time on the same PC using 1 monitor. As soon as you click the browser the game will minimize. Just like once you click the game the browser will minimize. It isnt till you run both windowed and on separate monitors can you focus on 1 window while still having the other active.

Unfortunately i have tried that as well :/ and the same thing occurs in firefox and IE, with the sound on, flash will stay maximised while using another monitor but as soon as it is muted it refuses to stay maximised when it is not the focus

Really thanks for the suggestions and help, open to any idea and still searching around

Try using Chrome to browse and Chromium to view videos. Or you can use Canary as well. Chromium is the open source version of the Chrome browser, which Google then brands with their name and releases as Chrome. So if you stay up to date with the many releases of Chromium, you will see that the many new features that Chrome has are all starting in Chromium. For the download of Chromium go here:

Index of /f/chromium/snapshots/Win_Webkit_Latest
That is where you will find the latest release of the browser at the bottom. I use this browser mainly myself and you can still link it to your Google accounts just like Chrome so you can install all your extensions and plugins just as if you were operating Chrome.

The only other option would be to go to labs.adobe.com and download and install the latest Beta version of Flash. I know I said that chrome has its own built in Flash player, but I have found that installing the beta allows that to take control over the build in one within Chrome. So you might have more luck running with the Beta than the final release. That is the version of Flash I am running myself, so maybe that is why it works for me and not you. I havent used the final release builds in some time due to the fact I run 64 Bit version of Windows and IE, so I need the beta versions to have compatibility with my IE 64 Bit browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom