Small upgrades to my build, would it make a difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, thanks for all help now this will be the deciding point:

Assuming I can achieve 3.6, will there be a noticeable difference between and 3.8?

Also, is the 212+ EVO version worth the extra $8 bucks? Or would a second fan on the 212+ equal it?

And lastly, what fan would u recommend I mount on the 212+? And will it be molex or 3 pin?

Thanks, almost done here hang on haha.

IMO, Noctua fans are the best, but they come at a steep price at $24 a fan. Aside, from that, I would go with a Xigmatek, Scythe or SilverStone fan. But, that's just me.

And we can hang on, bro. We do this every day, and 1,000 pages. ;)

What noctua fan can you recommend for $25-$35?

I'm just gonna stick with a 3.6 overclock instead of a 3.8 since there probably wont be a difference.

Got the ram, thermal paste remover, and a case fan ready to go just need to pick a cpu fan, its down to the 212+ vs 212+ evo + any noctua fan suggested.

Thanks

I might be missing something here but that isn't a heatsink right? I would use that as an extra fan on a 21 2+ or 212+ evo?

There is a difference between a heatsink and fan. The Noctua I linked is a case "fan". Think that's where I got off track when you said fan.

Haha, nah I meant cpu fan although I know noctua is top of the line and it might be expensive.

edit: I'll just go with the V6 it's worth the extra $6 bucks, just to be safe with overclocks.

Pretty much, unless I have questions while installing the fan, ill post back in here. But hey mindovermaster, since u have a haf 922 like me, since it advertises u can install a backplate for a cpu fan in the back of the motherboard WHILE its in the case, does that stand true?

edit: Additionally to what I said above about the case. I was just about to order when I remembered about using the V6 cooler with tall ripjaws ram, it might not be a problem at all.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131631R&Tpk=M4A89GTD PRO USB3 - motherboard

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231428 - ram

Okay that's the motherboard, (look at the pictures gallery) I have to put the two sticks in the two black slots, notice how the 2nd slot is a little bit farther out but it's not exactly under the cooler, the only slot that would be a problem would be the lowest blue slot since it's right under the cooler and I would only have 3.5 CM to work with, but since it's not going there that's not really a problem is it? Just verifying.

I dunno, never did it that way. I always put the heatsink onto the board before I put it in the case. Even when I switched out my Freezer with that Dark Knight.

Just use the black slots, 2 & 4, you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom