Palit GTX 570

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergusaurus

Beta member
Hi all,

I have just recently purchased a Palit GTX 570, it's not the sonic or the sonic platinum. I bought it off Ebay from a guy who owns a shop, it was in the window for 2 month and unused and came with no box hence why i got it so cheap (£220). I installed it and proceeded to play Battlefield, everything on full and it's spot on. I went back on to desktop and in MSI Afterburner reported that it was hitting 90+ i mean really close to 100 degree's, therefore i bricked it and shut down battlefield. When i closed it, it rapidly went back down to a cool 35 degree's on desktop. Set the fan speeds on 90% and loaded up battlefield and it went up rapidly again. This has totally confused me to why it is doing this as i have good air flow with 4x12cm Fans. 1 at the front for air intake 2 on the side right in front of my GPU and 1 at the back to release air. I'm too scared to play games now and unfortunately probably can not send it back if it is screwed... But it was brand new when i got it really you could see the input slot was untouched. Can anyone help me please? thanks.

Try reversing your side fans to exhaust all of the warm air that the video card is producing.
If your GPU is producing a lot of heat, then you want to exhaust that heat, not intake air in and spread the heat around.

I would check the heatsink and fan on the video card. Make sure that the heatsink is on evenly and the screws, or whatever attachment system used is secured.

Ansure that all of your fans, and the interior of your case doesn't have excess dust. You can expect a little dust on the fans, but any inside the case should be removed.

If nothing else works, I would contact the ebay seller and ask for a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom