Assistance with first computer build please

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Thats also an option. Really depends on what your priorities are for this rig.

If you're more focused on gaming go for the 2500K, it will still work fine with SV Pro and Adobe AE.
If you're more focused on the editing stick with the 2600K, as those two will see benefit from the hyper-threading.

What was your max budget for this? I'd be happy to do a build suggestion, and I'm sure others would be happy to as well.
he says he does the editing lightly. i think a few added milliseconds on many tasks which are still single threaded is ok. id say save the money and upgrade down the road.

i dont think anybody needs 16 Gb of Ram. save the money and/or buy other better parts.

750 watts seems like a lot for a power supply if you don't intend to sli/crossfire. 650 will probably be more than enough.

do you need to buy windows, too?

^ Thats also an option. Really depends on what your priorities are for this rig.

If you're more focused on gaming go for the 2500K, it will still work fine with SV Pro and Adobe AE.
If you're more focused on the editing stick with the 2600K, as those two will see benefit from the hyper-threading.

What was your max budget for this? I'd be happy to do a build suggestion, and I'm sure others would be happy to as well.

I would love some help with that, bro! My budget is 1,000 dollars. My main priority is to get the most out of gaming. I really want to be able to play new MMO's coming out and games with full graphics and fps! :)

do you need to buy windows, too?
I don't support pirating but couldn't I just do that? Or is it better to just purchase the product?

I don't support pirating but couldn't I just do that? Or is it better to just purchase the product?
don't pirate.

you could probably shoot for whats in my signature, minus the green drives, the 4870, and add an ssd, the 6970 and windows for about ~$1000 or less.

if youre gaming, you don't need the i7. the i5 2500k is your best bet.

don't pirate.

you could probably shoot for whats in my signature, minus the green drives, the 4870, and add an ssd, the 6970 and windows for about ~$1000 or less.

if youre gaming, you don't need the i7. the i5 2500k is your best bet.

I'm still confused about the computer termiology. I don't know what a 4870 refers to, an ssd is a solid state drive I'm guessing, and I don't know what a 6970 is. Sorry.

I'm liking that build a lot, bro! The only thing I am wondering about is the RAM and CPU. I just got a contract by a company known as "Machinima" on Youtube recently. I get paid to make videos and am going to get paid to live stream as well. Do you think 8gb and the i5 will be sufficient with hosting a live stream? Thanks a lot :)

P.S. If you think chatting via skype or another program would be easier please let me know.

maybe my math is bad but how did you get 1054.00 with that build even picking the cheaper of the 2 gpu's is still more then 1054

yeah, that was messed up. and the ram is now out of stock.

new build edited above.

$1,085 with an addition $30 mail in rebate

also that build is well more than enough to do the things you want it to.

Go with this RAM:

Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL

Still G.Skill, but 2x4GB so you could add another set later on.

Swap out the Antec Neo for the Green version (doesn't come with cord, you have to reuse the one you have).

Newegg.com - Antec EarthWatts EA-650 GREEN 650W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Two 12V rails @38A vs a single 48A.

Looks great but I'm guessing I don't need any type of cooler? I was thinking about overclocking so would I need one then>?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom