Upgrading ram amount graphic driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwnagebeef

Solid State Member
Im very bad at this kind of stuff. I basically want to be able to play games like bf3... skyrim things like that in at least high detail with no lag. I also want more ram but i have no idea how i upgrade the amount of ram my computer has. I just don't know what i need. I upgraded my graphic card a very long time ago but i didn't see in major improvements. It was a NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS. My computer has crashed many times before because i used up all the memory in it so yah...
I have a windows vista home premium. Service pack 2. Dell, Inspiron 530S. Intel(R) Pentium (R) Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz 1.80 GHz, 3.00GB,32 bit. I do not want to go over 200$ with all this but it depends on what you guys say i need. Please i need help i want to get this before xmas!!

more ram really wont help you too much with a 32 bit system. the 8400 gs really isnt even close to what you need for gaming.

you would really be better off saving your money and starting with a new system. $6-700 will get you very far.

you would really be better off saving your money and starting with a new system.
^
Sadly there really isn't a whole lot you can do with that Dell upgrade wise that will make a noticeable difference.

BF3 and Skyrim can run on a dual-core CPU, but recommend a quad-core.
Also both recommend 4GB of RAM, and a better video card than your power supply can handle.

You can reuse your hard drive and optical drive, but would need a new CPU, motherboard, RAM, Windows license, power supply, and video card.

hmm well is there anything i culd get that could atleast improve my graphics to the best i can do with the pc i got by any chance?

ok so could you find a computer for me that would be paticuarly well rounded for gaming in general.. not just one that runs like all ultra graphics for like bf or skyrim.. but that is well around good for gaming in general. with a price range of around 700 or less

i have no idea, most likely not.. i wouldn't know anyways, what i do know is that i have a very slim shaped desktop so most of the parts in it aren't what you would normally have i don't think in a larger computer that's why i just want to buy a knew desktop all together, because it would be way easier.. I know i just thought about a new license for Windows, how much do those cost?

i don't know if its reusable or not but my C: has 288gb it says?

my C: says i have 288gb in total.. i have no idea if it's reusable or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom