Installing a new graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

robcat93

Baseband Member
Hi there

Im getting a GTX550ti graphics card and atm my old 1 is a integrated graphics card. Do i uninstall my old graphics card drivers or do i just put in the new 1 and it will bypass the old 1, and i just need to install a driver. Computers less than 1yr old.

It is recommended to uninstall your drivers and disable it in BIOS. But disabling it in BIOS is not a need.

Rob, you must wait 24 hours before bumping. Not all of us can be here to help you at one time.

found this on another website

To install the card, first, while using the integrated graphics, I'd go to device manager(windows key+pause/break, click hardware, then dev mgr), expand "display adapters," right click on the integrated graphics, click uninstall. Then I'd turn the pc off, install the pci card in open slot(touch case metal before installing to discharge any possible static), connect the monitor to the pci card, and reboot. Hopefully you'll get a picture on the screen, and then you'll install a display driver when in windows(it'll use a generic driver until you install a proper driver). Most bioses will auto disable the integrated when a card is installed.

That about right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom