Saphire radeon hd 6870 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grahaaam

Beta member
Hi,

I've been having various problems with games, like constant crashing and bsod, so I decided to reseat my graphics card as I've tried everything else. I took it out of the motherboard then back in but now when I turn my pc on my monitor just says check signal cable but the graphics card is getting power because the fan is spinning on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Graham

Make sure you fully seated the card. Make sure the power cable to the card is fully seated. Did you re-attach the monitor cable to the card? Can you test the card or monitor in/with another computer?

I've downloaded and replaced all drivers it could be, I've done all possible windows updates, I've taken out 2 sticks of Ram and replaced them.

My specs:
8GB Ram - 2GB x 4
Amd Phenom 2 x6
850w corsair psu
1TB hard drive
Gigabyte motherboard - cant remember the exact name.

Yes I've ensured that the card is fully in place and ensuring the power cables are connected, I've also tried 2 monitors - 1 with hdmi the other with dvi. I also wouldn't be able to test it inside another computer :/ sorry if this info doesn't help but I want to sort it out as soon as possible.

@ Grahaaam, please don't double post, if you have something else to add to the conversation and no one has
posted a reply since your last post (within a 24 hr. period), please use the edit button (looks
like a pencil) to add it to your previous post.

What are the temps, have you tried to debug the memory dump that results from the BSOD? What about checking event viewer to see what the error code was? We can't really go further till we know what the error code is.

I can't remember exactly but the error I'm sure it was something like 0x00000024. And I can't do those checks now as I said in my initial post that now I can't see anything after reseating my graphics card. Also I only double posted to reply separately to the 2 individuals which I thought would be better, evidently not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom