GF3 Ti200 O/C

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj2003

Daemon Poster
Ive got a rubbish Gainward Gefroce3 Ti200 but i cant afford to buy anything new. I really want to play need for speed underground 2 on it but i konw when i played the 1st one i had to turn alot of the effects off to make it run at a decent speed. Ive got teh golden sample of this card so its meant to be overclocked but would it be better to use the program (expertool) to do it or another program? Also has any1 else managed to Overclock this card to half decent speeds? at the min its gpu speed is 230mhz and memory at 496mhz. I need to download a 3D mark to test its stablity but just wanted to ask on here first. thanks for any info :D

ill sell you my geforce fx 5200 ultra... ive overclocked it quite a bit. and ill sell it semi-cheap to ya, as for your question, i cant help much. never overclocked a geforce 3... good luck

as sed im totally skint thats why just wanna get best out of what ive got thanks for offer though. any1 got any ideas how far it will go?

Not to bust your sale or anything Leonidas, but the FX 5200 card really isn't that much of an upgrade considering it's not a performance card, it's a mainstream model which means it really wasn't meant for heavy graphics like the 5700 and up....

any1 got any ideas how far it will go?

Nope every card and every system is different, this is what people don't realize when they are looking at benches and argueing that their hardware is better....every architecture, machine, environment, all that come into play and it's they are all different so no 2 machines will technically perform exactly the same.

I suggest using a program called RivaTuner to adjust your clock frequencies....just keep upping the core and memory until it fails the test. Before you can apply your OC'd settings you always have to hit a 'Test Settings' button before the program will let you apply it. It tests the card using mathematical equations like prime95 and waits for errors. Anywho, keep upping the Memory and Core speed until it fails that test, back it down a little and run a benchmark program or open up your game. If all goes well then you're good to go, but you need to look for artifacts or snow on your screen, artifacts are little specs sometimes rainbow in color that appear because your card is running too fast and too hot, at which point you'll want to back it down of course.

Good luck

quick question ive had a look at that program and i have no idea how to use it. can u gimme a quick run ove of what to do nubius please?

Well, each card is a bit different, so I'm not sure what applies to my FX 5700 would apply to your GF3 because my friend used the program on his GF2 and there were some features mine had that his didn't. I'm going to try and explain it the best I can so bare with me :p

Aright you should see two menus.... the 2nd one should say DRIVER SETTINGS and will say what kind of drivers you have. Since I downloaded the Forceware drivers from nvidias site, mine says 'Forceware Detected' if you look to the right of where it says what drivers you have you'll see a little arrow pointing SouthEast that says Customize... Click that and it brings up a menu of Icons. You want the very first icon that coincidentally, looks like a graphics card, this when you hover over it says, "System Settings" and this is where the overclocking begins.

You'll have to click "ENABLE Driver-Level hardware overclocking"

Now this is where I'm not sure where the cards differ at. For me I have the options of "Standard 2d", "low end 3D" and, "performance 3D" under the drop down menu to the right of the "ENABLE" button.

BTW: When you click that enable just hit DETECT NOW, you won't need a reboot because you aren't overclocking right now (and if you ARE overclocked right now then you DO want to hit reboot)

After you've done that you should see some sliders to adjust your frequencies..

Now remember where it said Forceware Detected? Right above that is nother menu that also says Customize with an arrow pointing SouthEast, it's directly above the one you clicked to get to these settings. If you click that upper Customize button, then click the 5th icon over that looks like a RAM chip it says HARDWARE MONITORING and it'll tell you your current core and memory speed, and plus then you'll be able to visibly see the OC go up and know what it's at.

I hope this helped some, feel free to post in this thread again with another question if you have one cause I'm a pretty bad teacher :p

the 2D is when you're simply in windows and you can adjust that quite a bit with no worries, and the performance 3D (assuming you have that in the drop down menu) of course is for the games and whatnot, I have my 2D and 3D settings at the same speed, but that's just me. Then hit TEST SETTINGS, APPLY, and APPLY AT STARTUP if you wish to otherwise it won't save the settings and when you reboot, back to normal they go ;)

You can boot up in Safe Mode if you've overclocked your card too far and you can't boot into windows cause it's so distorted

Try Coolbits as well...simpler than RivaTuner if it actually works. I used it on my MX-440 card and it ran fine 350/500. Might not work on your card though...

Well I use coolbits in conjunction with riva tuner actually :p Only because on too many occasions the coolbits reg didn't actually save my settings =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom