Trying to build 1st computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take it out of the case and put it on a non-conductive surface, wood, cardboard. And see if it starts at all, using your PSU, of course. You can use a flathead screwdriver to short the two pins that turn on the computer.
sorry.. I don't quite follow you.

"short the two pins that turn on the computer"

there's a 2 pin wire labeled Power SW. I assume that means Power Switch and one is labeled with a "G" (ground ? ) and the other with a triangle.

edit: or do you mean something like this?
Overclockers Hardware - Overclockers Hardware - How To: Test PSU Voltages

Take it out of the case and put it on a non-conductive surface, wood, cardboard. And see if it starts at all, using your PSU, of course. You can use a flathead screwdriver to short the two pins that turn on the computer.

Tried this and still got same problem. Power keeps cycling off and on. All I have connected is these.

87fdb5b3eb32952ad376ff504d26d7fc.png

I don't think its a power issue, or a shorting issue.

Unhook the hard drive, and only use 1 ram stick.

You need more than a few minutes to clear the cmos by battery removal, more than an hour

Try using the cmos jumper instead of the battery, 3 littlew pins with a jumper.

Tried this and didn't work :(
I removed the battery for several hours, even though the motherboard manual said only needed 30 seconds.

I'm beginning to hope that it just may be a bad PSU, but unfortunately I don't have a multimeter to check the voltages coming out *sigh*

I guess that would be my next step, yes?

Edit: I contacted Altex where I bought the PSU and they can test the PSU.

If you've used the jumpers and its a no go, I think its still a wonky bios setup. My x58-ud3r cycles like that when I play in the bios.

Have you tried 1 stick of ram, switching the slot around?

I'm pretty sure the psu is fine.

If you've used the jumpers and its a no go, I think its still a wonky bios setup. My x58-ud3r cycles like that when I play in the bios.

Have you tried 1 stick of ram, switching the slot around?

I'm pretty sure the psu is fine.

I have tried 1 stick of ram, but I haven't tried 1 stick in every slot

Figured out the problem or what seems.

Took it to a computer tech store and they noticed some damaged threads on the motherboard socket. Contacted Newegg.com and they said (with a credit card), that they'll send me a replacement one.

Thank you very much guys for all the support!

Figured out the problem or what seems.

Took it to a computer tech store and they noticed some damaged threads on the motherboard socket. Contacted Newegg.com and they said (with a credit card), that they'll send me a replacement one.

Thank you very much guys for all the support!

Which threads?

Do you mean Pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom