Trying to build 1st computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazurati

Baseband Member
Trying to build my 1st computer since everyone says it's soooo easy, but I must be pretty dumb, cause it's not working for me :(

Motherboard:
GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Processor:
Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 BX80623I52500K

Video Card:
XFX HD-695X-CNFC Radeon HD 6950 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

Drive:
500 GB HDD from my old computer (already has windows vista OS)

RAM:
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL

PSU:
Antec EarthWatts EA-650 GREEN 650W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

DVD/CD Drive
:
not connected

Only thing I have connected, is the HDD, Video card, PSU, Ram & of course the processor. I power my computer on and immediately the processor fan starts and after 3-4 seconds it cycles off and repeats every ~5 seconds.

I'm not sure what to do.

here's what's happening (sorry about how tinypic stretches the video)

[video]http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=156qwya&s=5[/video]

That is normally a power problem. Be sure you have the 8-pin cord plugged into your board.
definitely a power problem, but the 8-pin cord is plugged in. I reseated everything to make sure and still same problem :(

I unplugged the video card and the processor fan seemed to have more "juice," but it still turned off and on.

Try resetting BIOS.

If not that, I would try taking it out of the case, put it on a piece of cardboard. May be shorting out somehow.

not really sure how to reset the BIOS when my computer won't boot up, The BIOS is the motherboard settings yea?

You take the watch battery on the motherboard out for a few minutes, then reinsert, try to power your system. Battery should be near your PCI slots.

Take it out of the case and put it on a non-conductive surface, wood, cardboard. And see if it starts at all, using your PSU, of course. You can use a flathead screwdriver to short the two pins that turn on the computer.

I don't think its a power issue, or a shorting issue.

Unhook the hard drive, and only use 1 ram stick.

You need more than a few minutes to clear the cmos by battery removal, more than an hour

Try using the cmos jumper instead of the battery, 3 littlew pins with a jumper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom