Monitor Burn in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael Argus

Daemon Poster
I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to my question, but I don't think it would hurt to ask, just in case. I just purchased a used monitor, it runs well, but I do notice it has burn in from a Windows XP logo in the center, and Windows Explorer file manager on the left.

My question, is there anything that can be done about this? Any tweak tools or anything to help blend the burn in to the background? I'm debating contacting the company that sold me the monitor, I know they sell used equipment but I expected it to not have burn in.

Also, the center of the screen seems to "sink in". I can't think of any other way to explain it. Is there a feature you use to adjust this? I'm pretty clueless.

Any help is appreciated, I'm supposed to have a 6 month warranty on it. (48 hour exchange)

I know when i bought my 56 inch (or so) TV the guy said not to play video games because images would burn into the screen and it cant be fixed, i would think it would be the same with computer monitors. so if i were you i would return it asap, and the sink in doesnt sound good either...

I'm not aware of any fixes. I acquire used machines all the time and recently i acquired a used monitor that had the words SERVER burned in the screen. It could be seen pretty easily. Since i didn't pay a thing for the monitor, and since it had a loose cable that needed retightening in the back, i decided to trash it! It was too old and way too small for me to make a buck out of it, or worth my time to fix.

Good luck though.

im not sure if there is a way too fix the burn but for the "sink in" does it look like theres a black hole behind the screen? like pulling on the center? from all the monitors i had if i changed my screen res. it would produce a similar effect. most monitors have a menu button on them. there should be a fix to it. if that doesnt work then i would return that to the place you got it and get a different one.

Thanks for all the information. I really appreciate the feedback. It's a great monitor, even with the burn-in and I fixed the other problem after playing with the OSD options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom