need input on graphics upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyrift

Beta member
k so im runnig a crossfire build with 2x 4670's (runs skyrim on full ultra at around 35fps)
Was wondering what the comparable difference in the cards im looking at will make (fps increase wise)
currently running 2x
Newegg.com - HIS IceQ H467QS1GHA Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 AGP 4X/8X HDCP Ready Video Card

looking running 2x
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161379

also looking at 2x
Newegg.com - HIS IceQ H657QO1G Radeon HD 6570 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

the 4670's i have i paid 64$ for about 5 months ago (and are now currently over 100$ because i think someone found out how reliable and powerfull they were, and they run quiet/cool/and require no pcu input)

at full load in skyrim or rift i never see over 50% cpu or ram load. so im good on that end (ram is 4 gig of ddr3 1333mhz)(cpu is 3.0ghz quad core amd athlon x4-640)

this is my current setup

249670_163570497043050_100001703011605_418839_5199338_n.jpg

292491_190455184354581_100001703011605_523865_723615_n.jpg

I'm confused, you're currently running 2x AGP cards?
If that is the case, and considering their placement, you may not have PCIe slots for current gen cards.
Although; you are using an Athlon 640 and DDR3, so assuming a mis-link...

You'll be better off with an HD6870 or GTX 560 (non-Ti) for the same price.

im crossfiring 2 low end cards right now, paid under 130$ for the pair, and they outperform my brothers 300$ nvidia 500 series card. so for the money im getting a lot more.

My brother has an i7 /8 gig ddr3 2000mhz ram/nvidia gtx 570 ddr5 card and gets about 28fps at ultra settings on Rift.
Im getting about 42fps on ultra with my 64$ "low end cards" for almost 1/3 what he paid for his "high end card"

i dont like saying high end /low end cuz for the price the low end cards as you call them, can be crossfired and faaar out perform the high end cards for a fraction of the cost.. inmy opinon, the high end cards arnt high end at all and for the money, perform far worse than "low end" cards.

so back to my original question. based on the specs of my current cards vs what im looking at, how much of an fps increase would there be?

edit: my mobo has 4x pcie slots and 4x drr3 ram slots (2000mhz capacity per slot), so i can run quad graphics /load of ram, but i see no need to.

i call bs.... theres no WAY your 2 cards out perform a single GTX 570... no way. end of story

EDIT:

my research shows that your 2 cards have about about 1/4 to 1/2 the processing power of your brothers GTX 570

4670 crossfire:

3dmark vantage 6170
Crysis @ 1600 x 1200 30fps

GTX 570:

3dmark vantage: 21931
Crysis @ 1600 x 1200 63fps

well what 4670 you comparing it to? my HDfactory overclocked IceQ 1gig or a 1/2gig non factory OC card? Card i originanly posted was as close to mine as i could find though their search, and come to find out i couldnt find my exact one cuz the ones i have are currently out of stock

and im running 2x of the 4670's in crossfire, not a single card, which makes a huge difference

here i went back to my order history with newegg and found the exact card i have
Newegg.com - HIS H467QR1GH Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

heres my actual card i have (one i posted b4 was as close as i could get to mine cuz i coulndt find mine on new egg originally cuz it was evidentally out of stock) so i went through my purchase history and found mine

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161315

also, i dont go by benchmarks or stats, i go by proven performance.

if i went and bought stuff for my 71 charger drag car, my late model dirt track car, or my 91 turbo/alcohol injected dodge r/t, based on what people told me the parts can do, id have a heap of **** and spent way more money than i should have.

something can say somthing can do this and that and is benchmarked at a certain thing, but what can it exactly do for the applications im using it for?

me and my brother play rift together, he gets 28fps at full ultra and i get 40-45 at same settings. sooo the benchmark means nothing to me because obviously my 130$ graphics setups is running the game smoother than his 300+$ even tho the "benchmark" says otherwise.

i go off what things can actually do, not what somthing says they can do.

if u look at all the most recent feedback on that card, everyone can run skyrim on ultra settings, with a single card, and im running duals...so yeah, its not made up / bs /etc

edit: also yur benchmarks are for single cards, not my 4670's running in crossfire for 130$ for the pair vs a single gtx570 for $300+

just noticed that; cuz i can ran crysis2 at 71fps with my cards (when i had crysis b4 i got new harddrive)

Even with 100% scaling, a GTX 570 would run circles around your dual 4670s. Benchmarks are more consistent, there are many more variables in gaming that contribute to FPS. The largest one being resolution.
Your brother has much more GPU processing power, more CPU processing power, and higher speed RAM.
All settings the same, including resolution, your brother's computer would have MUCH better performance than yours. He likely has a much higher resolution than you if what you are saying is true.

Edit:
Here is a website that gives you a decent idea of how video cards compare to each other.
PassMark Software - Video Card Benchmarks - High End Video Cards

Well... going by numbers alone I'm tempted to say 2x 6750s are your best upgrade route.

However, if you're already getting better FPS than a GTX570 on your current setup, then there is no reason to upgrade.
The GTX570 is, arguably, the 2nd best single chip GPU option available (after the GTX580), so if you're already smoking that then stay with what you've got.

Yea you obviously have some demon possessed old GEN cards that out-perform the latest Tech.Anandtech has a bench guide showing 6870CF(closest Comparison to your rig) losing out to a single GTX580 . The easiest way to test yr rig against others is to view games in the highest RES with ultra settings.You are blessed to have those cards :)

@ skyrift, please don't double and triple post. If you have something more to add to the conversation and no one else has replied since your last post (within a 24 hour period), please use the Edit Function (button looks like a pencil) to add the info to your last post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom