Graphics Card - Half life 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:
yeah you won't win that battle Nvidia, Ag3 is quite informative and knowledgable in his field ;)

Really, I would believe Ag3 more, but he still hasn't posted proof on why he insists that the X800s boast so much better image quality than the 6800 series.

I have a friend who used to run on a Geforce FX5200 and Athlon XP 2500+ and it ran Doom 3 mildly well
a 9600 Pro will have no trouble running HL2 or Doom 3, although I agree that the 9800 is prolly better for its money, it's like $350 aus

you can believe him but i saw one of you post that the 6800 gpu's outperform the x800's in hl2. so whatever. BTW nice sig apokalipse!

he insists that the X800s boast so much better image quality
It's not just that card, he stands by that ATI period has better image quality not just that one card, whether it's true remains to be seen, but like with everything it depends on the system, what game, and all that good stuff. I've seen screenshots where clearly the 6800 has not only better image quality but performs quite a bit faster, on the other side of that spectrum I've seen ATI have way better image quality ( specifically a football game where the lines on the field were less jagged with ATI than nvidia )

So all in all like everything...it all depends on personal preference and in the long run, the cards are fairly equal. You can't let benchmarks guide your purchases really. That's why people get pissed when they buy something that doesn't run as fast as a benchmark review they read =/

you can believe him but i saw one of you post that the 6800 gpu's outperform the x800's in hl2.
I believe it was beedub who said it and it was only with no aa and no af, but once you started turning those on then the ATI crept up and started winning those benchmarks where I would assume with more aa and more af you'd get better picture quality so that there backs up Ag3 when he says it has better image quality

WOW guys, why cant we all just get along and realize that both companies will do more than their fair share for the game. sheesh.

How can you NOT play HL2, it will be THE game to set the standard for every other game. EVERY game will be compared to it. It's a must own game. And with a system like that, it hurts to know it will never pump those 500FPS from HL2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom