Laptop gaming Question (Someone W/ Time + Patience)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devinwesolowski

Baseband Member
Hi. Ok so to start off i am sorry, for all ive done wrong by posting this thread. There is probably the answer somewhere on these forums that i havnt found. Sorry to all who i offend by ignorantly posting before looking hard.

So. Im an avid World of Warcraft player, OH NO! another fps problem nub! - Yes im having frame rate troubles.
I recently took a break from WoW, and i just reinstalled it yesterday and ive been having some problems that i remember having back before i uninstalled it. The settings are differant.. The look is not the same, its worse! The graphics are sucky, because i have everything on low but im still getting 10 fps max? When before ide sail at a smooth 20-25 fps.

I'm hopeing some kind elder soul would help me, im not the best with laptops, my knowledge is limited because of my age. Ide like to point out that ive noticed an odd thing..
My game runs at 10 fps
i open opera and use the internet a little
go back to WoW and im at 30-40 fps for a minute or two? but then it drops back down

Also i read somewhere to set the priority higher for WoW, so i set it to high. No noticable change except for my computer outside of wow lags more heh.

I run on windows 7 - Dell inspiron r17 - All i know from the top of my head

I'm willing to do everything you say, i will not argue.

I've defragmented my Hard Drive from 21% to 0%. i downloaded something called "AUGSLOGIC" which i think made things worse.

I please beg someone for help im tired of being so frustrated at my own lack of knowledge about the matter and would really love help

I, was more or less looking for someone to tell me what they need to know about my laptop, how i find that info (such as video card, drivers, ect) and tell me the best thing i can do. My laptop is only 2 years old, and was supposed to be excelent for gaming considering i had boughten every upgrade they offered. i spent about $1700. Ive ALWAYS felt my laptop had somethin screwy with it.. like settings somewhere were wrong and i wasnt getting anywhere near the performance my laptop is actually capable of. I am only 16, i plan on going to college for something in computer technology So i some day will have the knowledge some of you people have. Also my budget is non existent as i have no job.

Also i do really appreciate the hospitality, in the past ive had some pretty rough run ins with people on the forums where i would immediately get banned without say.

I am still looking for help, if theres anybody who can help me ill be checking this thread all weekend and would really appreciate your time.

Sorry i fell asleep xD. If you could point me in the direction of finding the information you need, ill go find it. ive tried finding that stuff before from what i read on the internet but i didnt get far by myself

System Information

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_ldr.110622-1505)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Inspiron N7010
BIOS: Ver 1.00 BIOS A07 PARTTBL
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 370 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 5940MB RAM
Page File: 2503MB used, 9375MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics (Core i3)
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0046&SUBSYS_04571028&REV_18
Display Memory: 1696 MB
Dedicated Memory: 64 MB
Shared Memory: 1632 MB
Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: unknown
Monitor Id: AUO109E
Native Mode: 1600 x 900(p) (60.284Hz)
Output Type: Internal
Driver Name: igdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igdumdx32,igd10umd32
Driver File Version: 8.15.0010.2104 (English)
Driver Version: 8.15.10.2104

DDI Version: 10
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 4/1/2010 09:47:00, 6534144 bytes

I hope this helps.

I take you mean the Latitude 17R. Being that it has integrated Intel graphics, I wouldn't expect much out of it as far as gaming. It's not made to game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom